921 & 811 Listed on Dish Network Website (Sort of!)

One bit of good news out of this for me anyway. According to the hidden DVR page the 522 will be available for sale, not just lease like the 322. The price is a bit steep though at $449.99. Hopefully they will have some kind of deal like with the 510 when it is finally released. Perhaps they can offer it for $150 with programming commitment?

I don't expect the 522 to be available for sale for awhile. They just announced on the retailer chat that the 522 is for DHP customers ONLY.

I would expect it to be available to all after the new year.

I have really been wanting a DVR but haven't been sure whether to get in on the 510 deal or wait for the 522 and see if there is a deal for that. Any speculation as to whether or not they will continue the 510 deal past January?

Surprised that no one has commented on the 111 being only $50. I remember seeing on this forum that it'd have a MSRP of $99, which didn't make any sense. This is a great deal for ppl who want a receiver for every TV.

brian said:
Nick said:
Why are you hacking Dish's website? Where, or rather, what are your ethics?

Wow.. to clue you in, HTML is a clear-text language, meaning it is not encrypted. Viewing the 'source' of a website is not illegal in any way and is not protected by any laws...I suggest you get a clue before assuming and accusing someone of doing something illegal.

Who said anything about "illegal"? I said "Where, or rather, what are your ethics?

Apparently, Brian doesn't understand the difference between "illegal" and "unethical". The terms are not synonymous or interchangeable. It wouldn't be illegal for his doctor to tell people that he has a big ugly green wart on his ass, but it certainly would be unethical. :D

AppliedAggression said:
Surprised that no one has commented on the 111 being only $50. I remember seeing on this forum that it'd have a MSRP of $99, which didn't make any sense. This is a great deal for ppl who want a receiver for every TV.

Yes I noticed this too. Yes, however you steel pay $4.99 per month for each of these too. $99 for the complete system might also make since for someone who has an older tv without A/V jacks and wants to get into satellite tv cheaply without a one year commitment.

Nick said:
Who said anything about "illegal"? I said "Where, or rather, what are your ethics?
Agreed, but you did say:
Nick said:
Why are you hacking Dish's website?

Generally, hacking a website in any way IS considered illegal. He didn't HACK anything. I also wouldn't consider viewing the source of a webpage unethical, nor would I consider redisplaying the uncommented source of a website unethical. :rolleyes:

If Dish were terribly concerned about the information leaking, they wouldn't leave it in the page source.

If it's in the page source (and I know of no browsers that won't show source), there's an implied consent from Dish, since the page source is what is downloaded to your computer for the browser to display.

So Nick, is it unethical to look at a file that's transferred to my computer?

I say absolutely not.

Cheers,

...and the "coming soon" SuperDish teaser "home theater in a box" graphic is no longer on their site as far as i can tell....

I don't see anything illegal or unethical about viewing the source: Dish published it on their website for worldwide distribution, after all.

OTOH, using that source code as the basis for another web page is copyright infringment, and thus may be illegal if Echostar does not consent to such use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)