921 and DPP44

nemo2001

Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
Having read all the problems in this forum, you might understand why I was a little nervous when my 921 arrived. Not wanting to run another line to the receiver (due to home theater install), I opted for the btand new DPP44 and separator. This new equipment confused the installers, but I patently explained the deal to them. Attached single line to 2nd input (as read here) and the 921 downloaded software. Although switch check was screwy (saw a SW64) seemed to work some. Not perfect...but wait! After overnight rest, switch check was perfect! OTA is OK and unit works great. Thanks to the great effforts of all you early implementors your efforts and experience really helped. Thanks also to dish depot for their great service.

If I may speak for the gang here, you're welcome! :)

Quick question - which DPP44 port are you using? Port 1 with the power inserter? Or a different one? I ask because i seem to remember people reporting that Port 1 wasn't working for them.

I'm using ports 1&2 at the moment with #3 coming soon...no problems on the power insert that is happening from the upstairs bedroom from an old JVC receiver...

I use port 1 with the DP separator on the DPP44, doing it on this just for testing. Have not had a problem with it in 2 weeks.

Same as Mike123abc here without any problem since 7/29. Port 2 goes to a 510 and port 3 goes to a 301. All 3 receivers share a Dish 500 (110/119) and a Dish 300 (61.5).