921 and Two cables

Hi,

I need some cabling help with the newly purchased 921 from DishStore.net ;) It shipped last week and I will receive it tomorrow. Thanks Claude and Scott.

I currently have a DP34 switch with two dishes: Twin DP LNB at 110/119 and single DP LNB at 61.5. Currently I'm using only two of the four outputs but I'm looking to replace it with a DPP44 and separator in order to use the 921 with one cable.

Can anyone tell me if the DPP44 switch and separator will work with my cable. The builder pre-wired the house with Belden RG-6 cable model 1189A. It is RG-6 but swept to only 1000Mhz and I keep reading I need at least 2200MHz swept cable. My 811 is currently connected to it and I'm not having any issues whatsoever. It would be extremely difficult to run a second cable to the 921 and would certainly cost over the $200 for the switch.

If the above does not work, would two distinct RG6 1000MHz swept cables work? Although very difficult, I could redirect the cable from the adjacent rooms and won't even need the DPP44. Running new cable is not an option and we'd have to go three stories from the basement and through several walls.

Thanks for any help/recommendation.

DishProPlus frequency bands are identical to DishPro: 950-1450MHz and 1650-2150MHz. If it's working with the existing DishPro gear, the DPP44 & Separator should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts