921 "available" anywhere yet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cmaier

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Have they shipped enough of them now that you can find them for sale anywhere yet? I've been on waiting lists forever.

Or should i just give up and wait for the 922?

I don't know that the 922 actually will appear - all I've heard are rumors surrounding the 921 being dropped, and that one has been debunked.

Even if there will be a 922, it's going to be at least a year away - and with E*'s track record, will be nothing but bugs when it's released to the beta testers (also known as the public).

DishStore.NET has received two units today. These are the first units we have received since they halted the production of units.

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL US ASKING WHERE YOU ARE ON THE LIST
With over 200 users on the waiting list we could just be answering email all day.

We want to get them out to you as fast as we can.

DishStore.NET thanks you again for your patience. :)

At this rate...

Well, I'm on the list so at most only over 200 more to go... :)

I am on the list too but I hope I am pretty high up on it. I am also on Dish Depot's list and last I saw I was #25. I think Dish Depot is great but I would rather buy from DishStore.net so I can help support the site and I get charged sales tax by DD because they are in the state I live in.

Last night I was talking to my wife about the 921 and she was getting excited about it. Hope it comes soon before she changes her mind

I'm beginning to waiver; I have a 721 and a 6000, and I am so sick of the 6000's crappy interface that I'm even considering a 811 while a wait for the 921 (since i suspect it will be a long time before i see a 921 - i was on a waiting list with a local retailer who went out of business, too).

Luckily my 811 thoughts are fleeting and I keep coming back to my senses before I pull the trigger on my credit card.

BlueRivets said:
I got on the Dish Depot list on 2-16-2003.
I got on the list 2-18-2003, but that only put me in the top 50. But still maybe there hope yet.

Still mad about the Dishwire. I have 2 DVHS units and only my older OTA STB still can send them signals.

tnsprin said:
I got on the list 2-18-2003, but that only put me in the top 50. But still maybe there hope yet.

Still mad about the Dishwire. I have 2 DVHS units and only my older OTA STB still can send them signals.

I got on the list on 2/19/03 and I am #12 on the list now. I have heard that a lot of people on the list are saying no when called so you may move up even quicker.

SimpleSimon said:
I don't know that the 922 actually will appear - all I've heard are rumors surrounding the 921 being dropped, and that one has been debunked.

Just because someone at Dish said it wasn't true, doesn't mean it's debunked. If anything, going by their track record, you might even view it as a confirmation.

My HD-PVR is on its way!! I should have it Monday or Tuesday. I've been on the waiting list for the 921 since mid December, and finally will get an HD-PVR by just ordering one on Wednesday. The only issue is that since it will say Hughes HR10-250 Tivo on it, I will need to switch to Directv. I went ahead and ordered another SD PVR for the wife and kids :) . Directv and dish are so much alike in their offerings, I didn't see any reason to keep waiting for the 921 and its fixes.
dish is going to charge me an early termination fee for the 811, but with the latest software fixes and 3 301s, 2 SW-64s, and dishes, I should be able to cover both the fee and the charges for the new SD receivers and SD PVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts