921 Bid War on Ebay

you gotta be nuts to buy something like that from someone with no feedback. He says he got a palette of them - I bet thats a lie

No one ever went broke underestimating the taste (or stupidity )of the American public. I should have kept my order in a Dish Depot and sold it on Ebay.

Also whose this lying wanker trying to con, this from the bay listing "bulk and 921 don't live in the same dictionary...

Note: These units were purchased in bulk on a shipping pallet at wholesale and are now being sold individually through the store front. These pallets come with a certified receipt of guaranteed product reliability/warranty and condition (Status = New)from manufacturer.. No Contracts or commitment required.

Wow, this guy must work in the E* warehouse. He also has a pallet of 6000's. (Look at this other auctions. The wording is almost exact.)

In his favor, at least it is an original 921 photo and not robbed from another auction.

Seems fishy that this guy has been a member since 2001 and hasn't had any activity on his account. Not even bid on any items in the last 90 days.

Switched ID's in Sept 03.

Do you think it could be CHARLIE trying to dump existing 921's? :D hee hee hee

I'm new to all this...

Can you just buy the receiver without getting a new dish installed on your house? Or can you just use the current dish?

If you have a dish 500 with 2 lead-ins, you can use your existing set-up.

I get cornfused with the whole DishPro/Legacy thing, so maybe someone else can clarify better about the antenna.

Having a Hi-def television/monitor is also a plus. ;)

brookswashere said:
I'm new to all this...

Can you just buy the receiver without getting a new dish installed on your house? Or can you just use the current dish?
Check my signature for my setup. No DishPro here. I had to mothball my 501 tho because I don't have a third feed.

If you have DishPro, you'll have at least 2 feeds from your 500, and the 921 will like that, and if you've got a quad LNBF, you can run 2 more tuners - like a couple of 301/311/811 or a single 322/522/721.

Getting the 2nd dish (3rd satellite) can be harder ($) with DishPro than legacy.

SuperDish is a whole different can of worms that I'm not too familiar with.

"Do you think it could be CHARLIE trying to dump existing 921's? hee hee hee"
I think so!

3 things I noticed in his auction for the 6000's (I do my fair share of Ebaying)

Not many of these units sold in local retail stores.

huh??

System Includes 1-18" DISH 300 antenna with double LNB.

what the hell would that do? allow someone to get CBS-HD?

On Tue Jul 01 14:37:56 PDT 2003, seller added the following information:

I can understand if he has been selling these items for a while (sell one, put another one up for auction), but with a 0 feedback, I dont think so

Well bugger me with a two foot fish fork. It couldn't be Mark Lamutt selling his could it? Mark say it ain't so!!!!

Another thing.

My Dish 921 has a YELLOW smart card, not BLUE as stated in the auction.

Strike 3.. yer outta here!

I reported it to ebay for investigation.

Ain't me...I actually like my 921 for the most part, even with the problems...plus I get great satifaction by breaking it... :D

Wow, it ended for $1,576. Sure is tempting to put mine on the block.

I wonder how long the backlog is now?

(or, I could get an HD TiVo in a week)

having only 2 dish leads is not a prob cuz your 921 will do the job of your 50x and then some!!. I had dish and direct... got rid of direct for VOOM... i still have my 508 but sold the 6000 for $525!... bottom line?? I would still like to get an HD PVR and I certainly aint putting up a Directv dish again. Maybe VOOM will save the day... maybe a STAND-ALONE HD TIVO WILL EXIST SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE> whats the deal with tivo?? they started off with all kinds of sa units and now they have forsaken the genre in the era of hi def?? am I off topic??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts