921 Connections to SW64

rjruby

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Nazareth, PA
My 921 is being delivered tomorrow.

Are there any restrictions or requirements on which two output ports it connects to on an SW64?

The reason I ask is because I've seen this statement on another website:
"SW-64 power inserters must be on input 1 on the 921 and output 1 on the SW-64. Input and output 1 and 2 must coincide on the 921 and DP-34, DP+44, or SW-64."

Is that a factual statement?

Thanks,

Bob :confused:

Not exactly...

Power inserter needs to be on the SW64 output 1.

The 921 must see the same "configuration" [same type switches, same selection of satellite/polarities] on both its inputs.
(i.e. I used SW64-1 and SW64-4 with no problem.)

jimg said:
Not exactly...

Power inserter needs to be on the SW64 output 1.

The 921 must see the same "configuration" [same type switches, same selection of satellite/polarities] on both its inputs.
(i.e. I used SW64-1 and SW64-4 with no problem.)

Thanks for the prompt response.

Another reason that led to my question is that I've seen several instances on this forum where people with 721s and 921s had trouble with initial setups not detecting the correct switch configuration.

They corrected the problem by switching the two satellite inputs on the 721/921 but there was never an explanation of why this corrected the problem.

Actually, looking at the installation screen for a new dish/switch, it is giving us clues. It does tuner 1, then tuner 2, then advances.

Check the signal strength bars for both -- they should be very close. The 921 is very fussy about having both its tuners agree (so it doesn't have to keep separate lists, or sort through them when a timer event fires.)

jimg said:
Actually, looking at the installation screen for a new dish/switch, it is giving us clues. It does tuner 1, then tuner 2, then advances.

Check the signal strength bars for both -- they should be very close. The 921 is very fussy about having both its tuners agree (so it doesn't have to keep separate lists, or sort through them when a timer event fires.)

Thanks for the info.

My 921 is on a UPS truck heading to my house. I hope to have it hooked up today.

Bob

FYI - I had my 921 initially hooked up to a SW64 switch with everything working AOK. Now I changed everything to DishPro and am feeding the 921 and a 721 thru a DPP44 and seperators so that each receiver needs only one coax run from the switch.

The 721 switch check went fine and it was up and running on the first try.

The 921 didn't see any switch on either tuner, so I swapped cables with the 721 and now BOTH DVR's see the switch and work correctly! GO figure!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)