921 DVR picture freezes while watching HD feeds

Rhinohd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 28, 2005
NW Chicago Burbs
Hey Folks,
OK I know it’s a 921 and they are known for bugs but is this a sign of it finally dying on me. When watching HD channels it freezes every few min. Not a total system freeze but the picture stops and starts. I do want to upgrade but I am waiting for the mpeg4 stuff. I have 3 HDTV’s now and am trying to keep from having to spend too much money upgrading all at once. I would like to keep this 921 for as long as I can. I do have the insurance so if it is bad will they replace it with another 921? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
In the past couple of weeks I've had two situations where the picture froze. One was when playing back the pause buffer from an OTA channel and the other was a recording from HDNet. I assumed it to be station related because they both displayed a particular place in time where the halt action would occur.

For more information concernning the 921s try this forum.
http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=73

Last edited:
Mine is never a OTA signal its always from dish and it happens on recorded events events. From reading the forums I see a lot of HD issues like this in the last few weeks. I am guessing DN is testing or tweaking...

Rhinohd, trust me it isn't anything faulty on your end of things, its Dish. I have a 811 and at times on certain channels there are just about unwatchable. About every 5 minutes the picture will freeze and the audio will drop. I know its been like this for weeks now and is getting pretty old. Dish is screwing with things right now is my quess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)