921 From Dish

That's what I hope,David. They already charged my card and now I have to deal with the installer. The CSR mentioned I will have a "professional" installation and as far as I know this should include whatever is necessary. They know I already have 4 receivers and 2 dishes with legacy LNBs/SW64 switch. I made this very clear and Dish records all the interaction between customer/CSR.

slimoli said:
That's what I hope,David. They already charged my card and now I have to deal with the installer. The CSR mentioned I will have a "professional" installation and as far as I know this should include whatever is necessary. They know I already have 4 receivers and 2 dishes with legacy LNBs/SW64 switch. I made this very clear and Dish records all the interaction between customer/CSR.

I think I am in the same boat you are. My guess is you will install before me so I will be very interested in how things shake from your end. However, I don't have as much confidence in the Installer knowing what I have currently installed so they know what they need. I am fearful a second trip will be necessary.

I am scheduled for Dec 6 and I also bet that a 2nd trip will be necessary. I will let you know how it works.

Sergio

I believe that Legacy SW64's can be cascaded. With all that legacy equipment, it seems like there's a good chance you'll end up with that. Yes, a DPP44 would do the job too, but perhaps they are in short supply. Perhaps they are being 'help' for Superdish people with side sats.

2 SW64s can be installed on the same system. It would require High Frequency power pass splitters and Dish Network load barrels installed on the input of the 2nd SW64 switch.

Hey Guys,

I tried calling Dish to find out some more info about buying a 921 from them, but never got an option to reach "sales". I tried pressing 0, just to get anyone, but I was told it was invalid selection.

What number are you all calling to get to someone in sales for current customers? Am I missing something?

Thanks, this board is an amazing resource for us newbies.

C

I had the same problem. Just wait for your phone # confirmation (press1) and right after press 0 and you will get a CSR after few minutes. Don't wait for the second menu to avoid getting the invalid option. The guy who programmed Dish's answer system is probably the same one who did the DVRs.

Sergio

CSR Manager Correct???

I purchased the 921 from Dish last Friday. I called today to track shipping and they told me that I should never had been able to get the 921. They charged my credit card that Friday and now they want to refund my money and they told me that I needed to purchase from a retailer. Has anyone actually got this reciever from Dish??? :mad:

Got mine from Dish

Ordered Monday of last week. Install scheduled for Friday after Thanksgiving. Called to verify and Dish changed install appointment till yesterday. Receiver arrived at 10 AM via UPS. Installer called at 9:30 and stated that he was running late. Installer based 90 miles from me. Installer never showed. :mad: Installed myself just before dark. I installed to my Dish 500 with two cables running into my house. I just unhooked my 2700 in the bedroom. Must have got luckly, worked with the first hookup and been working every since. :)

Oh, I paid Dish by check over the phone when I ordered.

My wiring not run very neat. I plan on having Dish come and do the install correctly (outside my house).

Umm...I'm getting a strange feeling about my 921. Bought mine last Monday,called today to get the tracking #.After 20 minutes waiting for the CSR to come back, she told me to wait a bit more because my receiver had not been shipped yet. After another 10 minutes she told me to wait on the line for a supervisor who would explain "the problem" to me. 10 more minutes and the same CSR came back and told me that the receiver would be shipped today 2nd day air to be here on time for the installation on Monday. Something doesn't smell good.

Shipping Problem Too

When I called yesterday the CSR told me that mine had not been shipped and he was sorry for the mixup. The 921 arrived 15 minutes later via UPS. :D

Dish must be hiring CSRs from Voom.

At AVS forum there are reports about Costco selling the 921 for US$489.00!!! One guy said he just bought one. Went to Costco yesterday but didn't see any Dish receiver, just a bunch of TIVOs. Can anybody here confirm it?

I gave up! Receiver was shipped today only and won't be on time for the installation on Monday. I decided to cancel everything and see if I can find it at Costco next week. Spent 5 phone calls, spoke to 5 different people and heard 5 different stories. Enough is enough.

BFG said:
I haven't seen any at my Costco either. But that's what dish has said.
My Costco (in Tigard, Oregon) had them on the shelf today, at the $489 price.

Looks like I need to go back tomorrow morning and pick one up. CSR at ish told me it requires two feeds from the dish antenna. I honestly can't remeber if I have a dual or quad lnb up there - will be on the roof in the morning though, and figure out from there what I need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts