921 guide casues OTA Digital to pixilate

boy921

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 24, 2004
N. California
I have discovered that if I am watching OTA digital station I will get occasional pixilation. Dish Network Tech. believed it was faulty ground, not the receiver. I went into the guide while watching a OTA digital station and noticed greater pixilation. While in the guide, I began to scan the channels listed and pixilation became increasingly worse to the point that the picture would go black and, "Acquiring Signal" appears. The guide affects the OTA digital channels.

It sounds to me like a weak signal/antenna problem. If you are not getting a solid signal, your picture will start to pixelate. Try to make sure your antenna is pointed correctly. Of course, remember that even if everything is good at your end, there's also the possibility that the station you are watching is having transmission difficulty, or they are maintaining it, or the Master Control operator forgot to turn up the transmission power when he was supposed to. Good luck, OTA can be tough.

Accurate

The problem was resolved through Dish Net Tech. Support. They suggested that I put an RF amp in-line. It worked. Put my signal up around 95 instead of 70ish. No pixelization even when using the guide. Thanks for you input.

The Radio Shack mast mounted amplifier, along with the bi-directional cable amplifier, works great for me.

I'm recieving a ton of OTA HD:

7 stations from Baltimore
5 Stations from Washington
9 stations from Philadelphia
and 2 stations from Lancaster, PA.

Total of 23 OTA HD Channels.

Wow

tankerman said:
The Radio Shack mast mounted amplifier, along with the bi-directional cable amplifier, works great for me.

I'm recieving a ton of OTA HD:

7 stations from Baltimore
5 Stations from Washington
9 stations from Philadelphia
and 2 stations from Lancaster, PA.

Total of 23 OTA HD Channels.
What are the distances to the broadcast sites from your site? Do you have a high gain antenna? The area in which I live, only has a few OTA's (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, and PBS.) Only ABC, FOX, and PBS actually broadcast in HD.

I just have the top of the line Channel Master antenna, which I bought at Lowes. I also use a Channel Master Rotator, And everything is mounted in the attic.

Baltimore- 40 miles across the bay
Washington-60 miles across the bay
Philly- about 45 miles
Lancaster PA- about 60 miles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts