921 guide changed!

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
I may be a bit behind, as I have not used my 921 for the last week or so, but tonight I fired it up and the programming guide looked like it changed. I had a different look to it, and it appeared to be "high" on the screen. The upper section of the guide was almost off the screen.

I have a front projector, and I have the image adjusted with the HDNet test patterns which I have recorded on the 921 and protected. I checked the alighnment test pattern again and it was perfect and square.

Does anyone else have this problem?

THANKS

:-jon

This happened to me when 186 came out, and it got fixed on 187. It sounds like you're going to have to live with it until 189, whenever that is. The biggest thing that sucks about it is there is no more red dot indicating which programs you have timers set on. I tried about every kind of reboot and couldn't get it fixed. I'd suggest posting this over at the other board too.

Red dot lives

The record indicator "red dot" is there when you are over the time segment or if the segment is at the left margin. It is annoying for a quick scan without going to timers page, which does not have channel numbers.

9-15 This applies to use of the larger picture behind the guide. If you choose the smaller picture in the upper right with smaller print, the dots appear all of the time. This was to not obsure the picture, maybe?

---
Model ID: DishDVR 921, 811, 501
Monitor: Hitachi 46H83
Dish: 500/500 Legacy SW64
Orbits: 119,110,148
Terrestrial - Dish Rim Philips, 43 mile visible LOS to Alb, NM

JonUrban said:
THAT'S IT! Thanks

:-jon
Try a factory default. Once it has rebooted and is up and running, do a power cord reboot and leave it unplugged for about 20 seconds. This should repair your guide. If other remedies haven't worked, you better call the E* Tech professionals for assistance.

pbrown said:
This happened to me when 186 came out, and it got fixed on 187. It sounds like you're going to have to live with it until 189, whenever that is. The biggest thing that sucks about it is there is no more red dot indicating which programs you have timers set on. I tried about every kind of reboot and couldn't get it fixed. I'd suggest posting this over at the other board too.
All my, "red dots" are appearing in my guide. I'm running L188.

boy921 said:
All my, "red dots" are appearing in my guide. I'm running L188.

If your guide is corrupt, like the way the original poster described it, you will not have the Red Dots. Doing a factory reset is unlikely to fix it, but definitely try it. It appears to be an artifact of installing new software, and will not happen to everyone. It happened to me 2 releases ago, and I had to wait for the next release for it to fix. It's wasn't a big enough problem that I wanted to send my machine back or anything, which is probably about the only way to fix it, without waiting for the next software download. If you go two downloads without it being fixed, you may need a new unit. Again, very few machines have the corrupted guide, but it seems to happen to a few of them on every new software download.

My 921 just developed the same problem today. I have been running L188 with not problems and this just came up overnight for no reason.

I'd sure love to know what the EPG datastream looks like. From some threads from the first time this happened, at least one person actually saw some HTML-like junk on the screen.

I'm thinking it's just some trash in the EPG that causes this, and the 921 sometimes gets confused (no surprise there).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)