921 install confirmed

Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
Just got off the phone with a local retailer here in the Dallas area, who confirmed that he can obtain and install a 921 receiver as soon as tomorrow. I called this dude after Dish confirmed via phone that the 921 was available via local retailer, Radio Shack and Sears. For what it's worth, I am glad to finally get my hands on one. Good luck to everyone.

Don't hold your breath.

Stay tuned, please keep us informed if you do get it installed as it would be the first ever!

Be sure to return here and complain endlessly when you have it up and running. Don't forget that you can combine both installation and software complaints into a single thread.

Good luck.

well?

As the planet still appears to be spinning, can we assume this 921 did not materialize? :)

We have not heard from txxsmith yet. I guess that he did not get it. Are you there, txxsmith.

jerryez said:
We have not heard from txxsmith yet. I guess that he did not get it. Are you there, txxsmith.

Or maybe he did get it and he is too busy having fun with his HD PVR :)

Maybe the thread should say appointment for install confirmed (or denied)....

When Dish was here installing my 811 today the installer said that they have a stock of them here localy just waiting on word to install them. So I guess they are just waiting on working software.

Damn. Now I'm getting cold feet on ZOOM. Should I cancel next Tuesdays VOOM install? I would if I knew the 921 was almost here.

OH TXXSMITH, WHERE AAAAARRREEE YUOOOOOO!!

If the 921 was that close, why didn't Charlie say so in the chat?

Is it true they cant install them until the Software passes the tests?

Are the tests not scheduled to be completed till Monday, assuming they all pass?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Considering 921's are not in warehouses yet I find this one hard to believe. :)

Scott, the Nashville warehouse has a bunch just waiting to go. This was directly from a dish installer that has been training on them.

Wouldn't it be funny if they showed up with (gasp) a 721!

Geno said:
Damn. Now I'm getting cold feet on ZOOM. Should I cancel next Tuesdays VOOM install? I would if I knew the 921 was almost here.

If the 921 was that close, why didn't Charlie say so in the chat?

I don't follow. The 921 will most likely be available by the end of December. That's a few weeks away. Why would it's availability affect your Voom plans? If Voom had an HD PVR, I could understand (if they did, I'd cancel Dish right now and go with Voom). But they don't. So what would you gain by adding Voom versus not adding Voom if the 921 was out or nearly out?

While Voom has more HD, without being able to time shift HD, I really can't take advantage of all that HD. Dish will have the ability to time shift HD very soon. That's more important to me.

BTW, Charlie did say the 921 would be here by Christmas. Of course, it could be another one of his lies (like no more HD channels available to add).

then again, maybe not

hey gang -

guess it was a false alarm, like dish seems accustomed to sending out. local dallas installer said his supplier told him dish's CSRs are sending out the wrong message, and that the receiver is 'days' away from being released. installer said he would call as soon as he receives the 3 921's he has placed orders for.

AndyMon said:
Has not having the software ready ever stopped E* from putting out receivers before? I think not.

That's what gets me about the whole thing. It has never stopped them before and personally, I will be floored if there are no major PITA bugs when it is released. So why did they delay, is the software still totally unstable, hardware issues, they finally decided to release something without bugs or something else?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)