921 install confirmed

Don't count on him even getting his 3. Word is there are something like a couple hundred to go around this month after Sears gets their floor models.

I think that all the good HD is on Dish, Voom merely carries re-runs and from the program Grid, endless loops of the same stuff...

Hope this guy gets his 921, will be interesting to see.

Lee L said:
So why did they delay, is the software still totally unstable, hardware issues, they finally decided to release something without bugs or something else?

Well, there are bugs and then there are BUGS. There's a term used in software development for serious bugs, and that word is "showstopper".

It just so happens that it's literal in the case of this receiver.

date and time of posted messages

I am a new member and am reading posts on the
921 and do not see a date and time of them. why?
Am referring to date and time of when message is posted.[/list]

I am a new member and am reading posts on the
921 and do not see a date and time of them. why?
Am referring to date and time of when message is posted.
Edit your profile - one of the icons at the top of the page.

Rob Tomlin said:
Bummer....
Talk about a misleading Subject Heading!
From the dictionary:
CONFIRM implies the removing of doubts by an authoritative statement or indisputable fact; "confirmed the reports"

Please folks... refrain from using the word 'confirm' or 'confirmed' in your base topic titles until you really have the box installed. An installer saying "your box will be installed on <date>" is the approximate equivalent of "Your check is in the mail".

normang said:
I think that all the good HD is on Dish, Voom merely carries re-runs and from the program Grid, endless loops of the same stuff...

Hope this guy gets his 921, will be interesting to see.

I'm first in line for a 921, but I will not give up Voom and will get their DVR when available. Voom has some unique content that repeats, but most folks I assume get it for things like Starz-HD & TMC-HD which Dish does NOT carry.

rudolpht said:
Voom has some unique content that repeats, but most folks I assume get it for things like Starz-HD & TMC-HD which Dish does NOT carry.

Yet. Spending over $800 to get a few months of programming seems out of whack to me. You have to figure those channels will be on Dish very soon.

txxsmith said:
Just got off the phone with a local retailer here in the Dallas area, who confirmed that he can obtain and install a 921 receiver as soon as tomorrow. I called this dude after Dish confirmed via phone that the 921 was available via local retailer, Radio Shack and Sears. For what it's worth, I am glad to finally get my hands on one. Good luck to everyone.
If a miracle occured and you did get the 921, who is the 'local retailer' and how much $$$?

Record hd now

I got tired of waiting for this Dish 921 to come out.
I had my HD reciever sent to California to have Modified.
check out
www.169time.com

I have been recording High Definition for about a year now.

The only thing is you need 3 machines to record off the Dish.

169time is $1499 on top of the $400 cost of the receiver. Add $50 for the first year of software upgrades. $800 for the DVHS recorder.

$2749 is a steep price for me and I'm sure others when all they need is a DVR. Dish will deliver this for $1000.

Also, would it pass the Grandma test? If she can't run it I'm not buying it. ;)

Grandma probalby can't run the 921 either with the whole thing of deciding which subchannel to record and all. ;)

This is an e-mail I sent yesterday to DN:
Dear Sirs:

Today I called the phone number mentioned in your e-mail and requested to purchase the Model 811 receiver for $149.00. The Dish Network representative asked me if I would also be interested in the HD package for $9.99 a month to which I agreed. He gave me a confirmation number for the transaction #342039, and after a while informed me that he could not process the purchase due to the fact that for the time being these receivers where only available for new customers since the company did not have enough stock. He suggested to call at a later date to take advantage of the promotion.

I am very disappointed with the way Dish Network treats a loyal customer for many years. Dishnetwork did not give me anything free in the past. I paid for the installation of the upgrade to Dish 500, I payed for the new Dish, I payed full price for all the receivers I have in my home, I accepted for the monthly automatic payment charged to my credit card.

If you company is not able to provide an adequate service, I will definitely rethink the options I have available to watch television.

Sincerely :evil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)