921 Newbe Questions

Check

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
Woodbridge, Va
I just hooked up my JVC Dishplayer 921 two days ago. After searching through the web and the forums and playing with the box, I've still got a few questions that I can't seem to find the answers to. Hopefully someone here will be able to help. I appologize if these have been asked and answered before but if they have been, I couldn't find them through searching. I have the two SAT feeds going in to the 921 as well as a feed from an OTA antenna.

1) How do I change between the two internal SAT recievers of the 921? When I'm watching/recording two SD channels, I can swap them by using PIP/Swap. If I'm recording or watching a HD channel, PIP doesn't work. How can I change the reciever I'm watching when this is the case? Because of the way the wiring is done in my house, I get a better signal through one of the cables than I do from the other. I'd like to be able to watch the reciever with the better signal but can't do that if I can't choose which reciever I'm watching.

2) Is it possible to record two SAT channels and an HD OTA channel at the same time? How about record two SAT channels and watch an HD OTA channel at the same time?

3) Is there any way to tell when watching a show, whether or not it's being broadcast in HD? I realize that I can check the listings to see if it's supposed to be HD but that doesn't work for the OTA listings since the listings come from the SD channels.

4) When I set up a timer to record an OTA channel, the red dot shows up on the SAT channel instead of the OTA channel. It seems as though this is a known bug. Any word on whether this is on the list to be fixed? It's not that big a deal now that I know the timers actually fire correctly.

5) When plug the box in, I see a silver circle that says HDTV. After a bit I get a window saying something like "The system is in standby mode. Booting...". What should I do at this point. Will it eventually turn on or will the window eventually go away at which point I should press the power button on the remote? Uncertain as to what I should do.

Thats all I can think of for now. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out with this.

Check

JVC DishPlayer 921
Boot Version: 150B
Flash Version: F053
SW Version: L211HEED-N

This post looks VERY familiar. Did you post the same thing over on DBSTalk?

If so, Mark L & I answered you there. If not, go look, because it's your twin.

SimpleSimon said:
This post looks VERY familiar. Did you post the same thing over on DBSTalk?

If so, Mark L & I answered you there. If not, go look, because it's your twin.

DBSTalk? What's that? The NERVE? You think I would DARE to post the same question on two sites at the same time? NEVER!!! Ahhh, wait a minute. Oh yeah, that was me. I wanted to get an answer as fast as I could and I thought more forums would be more gooder. :) Thanks BTW. You guys saved me a window because I would have thrown this thing out a window if I didn't know that the problems I'm having were kinda common. Does a FAQ exist for the 921? I've got a lot of internet resources so if a 921 FAQ doesn't exist I could easily help make one happen. Any interest?

Thanks,

Check

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)