921 Not working

drsimnal

Original poster
Sep 26, 2004
I had an 811/510 and 310 installed at the beginning of Sept. (swictched from cable). Didn't know if dvr for HD would be worth it, but once I started using the dvr on my non-hd set, I was hooked. My installer told me if I wanted to get a 921, I'd just plug it into the spot where the 811 is (in basement). Went to local store yest, salesman confirmed, just plug it in and so I brought it home and did so, then called Dish to activate it. No picture, just a banner would appear and it said it couldn't lock onto a satellite. :confused: Called back, and only now I'm told (after I mentioned it) that it needs two feeds (input one and two) and that I have to run another cable from my switch (in the attic) to the basement (three stories!). :eek:
Is this right? We used the existing cabling to hook everything up the first time, and there is only one cable that runs down to the basement. Help!

The 921 requires two cables to work. The only other option is a new switch. I think the DP44 (if that's the correct term) is now available. It allows the use of one cable. Someone here must be using it and can give you more accurate info.

Yes the 921 needs two cables coming from the switch to work. Check your switch and see if has an available port, if it does then your in luck and can run a cable from it to your satellite receiver (use RG6 cable and not RG59)

If it does not have a port free or you don't want to run another cable you will need a DPP44 switch. For more info on the DPP44 switch do a seach here on SatelliteGuys for DPP44.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys drsimnal! As you will find out we are proud to have some of the best people helping people anywhere. :)

Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll look into the switch since there is no way I will run a new cable from the attic. Other thought is to return 921 and see what else comes out. I've seen references to a 942. What would the advantage there be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)