921 only - L182 - Verify power on HD output problem??

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
Can someone else verify this using a COMPONENT or DVI connection to their HD TV.

Tune 921 to any Audio/CD/Sirius channel. 923-6099

Turn 921 off.

Turn 921 back on.

Get black screen with just BLACK SCREEN and nothing else?? Me too. If not skip the rest.

Do any or all of the following:

Press cancel(supposed to show channel info, date, time, etc)
Press INFO - still nothing on mine
Press [chan up] or [chan down] (as long as next chan is still an audio chan there should still be no video info just big black screen)
Press GUIDE. Still no video? Kewl, keep going.
Press MENU
Press DVR

If any info comes up after pressng any of the above then - Crud - this is only on mine.

To regain picture at any point do the following.

Press SD/HD twice - pic comes back for me.

Picture will also come back if you tune to any channel other than Sirius/AUD/CD channel.

Overview: Seems to me that the HD DVI output remains in the off state when unit is powered on from a music channel. This only started since the last software spool. This will work over and over and is not dependent of a system reset.

As long as I power off the 921 on a video channel, I can power it back on and have piture, otherwise I have to toggle the SD/HD to get picture back.

Thanks!

My experience is that under L182, if the 921 is tuned to one of the music channels when put into standby, the component (and apparently DVI, but I can't test that) outputs are not activated until either you tune to a non-music channel or until (in my case) you press SD/HD 3 times.

Thanks Mark.

That is exactly it.

Sound works fine, but no HD output until you hit SD/HD and toggle it back to HD or you can blindly tune to a non-music channel.

It would be so nice not to have to find these *features* out on our own. :no

It's a minor issue compared to some of the other ones, which is why I haven't talked much about it.

Mine does this frequently, although I've only noticed it on sirius. I haven't tried to debug it. Just hit the sd/hd button a couple times.

Out of curiosity, I tried the above. I have the 921 with L184HECD-N SW. I use the DVI connection. I also had to toggle the SD/HD button. But I am numb to that, about 4 to 6 times per day my 921 reboots. Every time the picture comes back on with violent shuttering. After toggling the SD/HD function my picture returns to normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts