921 OTA diplexed with sat feed. does this cause problems?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

crippe

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
in the manual for the antenna i installed on my roof itsaid i could use the same rg6 cable for the sat and ota transmissions and then use a diplexer to split the line at the tuner. I have this set up on my 921 but it seems like it may be causing problems. has anyone else experienced this? should i run a third line direc tfrom the antenna to the receiver?

thanks!
dan

Sure it can cause problems - but beings you didn't give us any information to go on, the problems you're seeing may or may not have anything to do with it. :(

I originally had a diplexor on both of my lines going to my 921, one for the OTA Antenna feed along with the satellite feed, and the second being a backfeed to other rooms in the house (of course along with the satellite feed). I have since gotten a DPP Twin and have one line just dedicated to my OTA Antenna and the second line with a diplexor on it for backfeeding to other rooms in the house.

Saw maybe a 5 point increase in my OTA-HD channel strength on my 921. Was hoping for more, but when I had a few channels hovering around 75-80, getting them above 80 helped to keep the tuned in much better (as well as occasionally being able to pickup a couple of my weaker channels that used to be in the 65-70 range).

But, like Simon says, can't help ya much unless you give more details on your setup. LNB type, receivers, switches, etc.

I have been using the diplexor to combine/seperate OTA-HD and Dish feed for all my receivers. Have no problem at all. Like previous posts, what was your problem anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts