921 OTA diplexed with sat feed. does this cause problems?

crippe

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
in the manual for the antenna i installed on my roof itsaid i could use the same rg6 cable for the sat and ota transmissions and then use a diplexer to split the line at the tuner. I have this set up on my 921 but it seems like it may be causing problems. has anyone else experienced this? should i run a third line direc tfrom the antenna to the receiver?

thanks!
dan

Sure it can cause problems - but beings you didn't give us any information to go on, the problems you're seeing may or may not have anything to do with it. :(

I originally had a diplexor on both of my lines going to my 921, one for the OTA Antenna feed along with the satellite feed, and the second being a backfeed to other rooms in the house (of course along with the satellite feed). I have since gotten a DPP Twin and have one line just dedicated to my OTA Antenna and the second line with a diplexor on it for backfeeding to other rooms in the house.

Saw maybe a 5 point increase in my OTA-HD channel strength on my 921. Was hoping for more, but when I had a few channels hovering around 75-80, getting them above 80 helped to keep the tuned in much better (as well as occasionally being able to pickup a couple of my weaker channels that used to be in the 65-70 range).

But, like Simon says, can't help ya much unless you give more details on your setup. LNB type, receivers, switches, etc.

I have been using the diplexor to combine/seperate OTA-HD and Dish feed for all my receivers. Have no problem at all. Like previous posts, what was your problem anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)