921 problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jw6351

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Need help with 921, screen goes black except for a very thin line at the top and you have to hold down power button for ten sec. to re start every morning when I turn on the TV. Seems to be locking up more often too. Is this thing on its last leg? I am still having a hard time giving it back to dish for a 622 due to the 1000.00 I had to pay for it 6/2004 and paying 200.

Get Dhp plan and get it Rma'd for another 921 if you want to keep it, (I sent my $549, 921 in last fall for another... but the new ViP series get much more programming... My 921 is full of the Star Wars Movies from HBO and Music from Rave and Hdnet

Yes thanks, I want to upgrade and I just keep waiting for the best time to do it. Do you think the dish it up is going to be the best they will offer?

Or find good deal for WD 250 GB PATA [IDE] disk, it's quiet and low power req type; make Ghost disk copy from your old one and enjoy your HD programs for next 5 years :D.

I also have a 921 and am having problems with no picture then I have to reboot it, this has just started in the last few weeks, Some nights I have to reboot 3 or 4 times. When I first turn on my tv in the evening, even though I have not had the 921 off, I just get sound, then if I am lucky, I just have to turn the 921 off quickly with the remote control, or I have to reboot it by holding the power button off until it reboots. Is this a possible software problem ?
jerryd

Need help with 921, screen goes black except for a very thin line at the top and you have to hold down power button for ten sec. to re start every morning when I turn on the TV. Seems to be locking up more often too. Is this thing on its last leg? I am still having a hard time giving it back to dish for a 622 due to the 1000.00 I had to pay for it 6/2004 and paying 200.

I'm having the same exact problem with mine (blank screen), so it's not just your receiver. It even does it when I'm watching TV. The last two software releases (L230/L331) screwed up almost everyone's 921 receiver. The other big problem is that some timers won't STOP. It keeps recording well past end of the timer, which means that if your tight on space you lose your non protected recordings and when you reboot the receiver you lose the the recording that went super long. They need to just go back to software release L229 when everything is working out fine. These last two software updates did a lot more than day light saving time.

I also have a 921 and am having problems with no picture then I have to reboot it, this has just started in the last few weeks, Some nights I have to reboot 3 or 4 times. When I first turn on my tv in the evening, even though I have not had the 921 off, I just get sound, then if I am lucky, I just have to turn the 921 off quickly with the remote control, or I have to reboot it by holding the power button off until it reboots. Is this a possible software problem ?
jerryd
I have seen this problem with my 921. However after a reboot my 921 no longer can tell the model number of my switch. (sw64) So now I can not get any local channels and many of my other channels are gone. I have tried several things including switch tests with out the cables plugged in and then with them plugged in. I have two other recievers and have used them to test the cables and the switch. Any one else seeing this. Software version is L331.

I talked to tech support today and the first person wanted to tell me it was my tv. The second thinks it is my cables! Why don't they just admit they have a problem with the the latest software? He did tell me that they are aware of the not stopping record problem. He told me to use the menu 62 to get it to stop for now...... I have the Dish Home Protection plan but he wants me to try other things first...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)