921 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TBarclay

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Smyrna, GA
My sister just got an HDTV. She has Dish network service with a DVR and is now wanting HD. She has a Dish500 but I don't know whether it's DishPro or not. She only has one satellite feed into the house since she only has one receiver.
I have a 921. I was going to take my receiver to her house this weekend to see what kind of OTA HD she can pick up with an antenna. (I live 60 miles away and can't get ANY OTA at my house). My question is, since she only has one satellite input, will that screw up my 2-input 921 when I try to see what OTA she can get? If I remember correctly, you need to have 2 inputs to get the 921 to work. But since my 921 already has software, is there any chance when I first plug it in it can scan for OTA? I appreciate any help you folks can give.

I'm far from an expert, but I've seen a number of posts saying that the 921 will not work without two feeds. I was talking to a E* SR recently on another issue and she mentioned her biggest problem with talking people through the 921 setup process was not using two feeds.

FIRST, and most importantly, figure out whether she's DishPro or Legacy, andwhether you are the same. If not, don't hook it up to the satellite feed without thinking it through. If you are DP and she's not, you MUST reset the switch matrix, and you will NOT be able to do that and succeed with only one feed cable.

If you're Legacy and she's DP, you're still in trouble.

If you're both the same, hook the feed to tuner #2 (I hear that's better - don't know for sure) and then try to get your OTA.

In ANY event, do NOT run a check switch with only one feed, you'll be hung up until you get to a 2-feed location and reset the box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)