921 receiver for $1250 shipped

smooth28la

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I have a spare 921 that I'd like to sell. It's been slightly used but have all the box, manual and cables that come with it.

I'm in Los Angeles area and will ship it anywhere using Fedex ground with insurance. If you're local, take $25 off !

I can take Paypal (with 3% fee)

Please email me at jason@linkline.com

Thanks!

Thats just plain robbery. $999 is the price at retail, brand new.

AppliedAggression said:
Seems reasonable to me. If you want it now, you pay a premium. It's life, and it's called supply and demand. :)

I wouldnt apply the term "Supply and Demand" to a used item selling for MORE than new. Thats called "I'll rape you cuz I think I can"..

Selling a used item for the same price as a new item, now thats healthy supply and demand.

ROLLTIDE said:
You can't pass 3% paypal fees on to your buyers. Your paypal account could be closed for that.

Why not....? The Feds do it to you when you try to put your taxes on your Credit Card. Many internet merchants have added those surcharges on the super low prices they often list on the internet. If the price is too outrageous, no one will buy it. But given the scarcity of the units, what is the harm of trying to make a few bucks. Most of those willing to pay the inflated price want them NOW. If you don't want to pay the price, then say no and wait.

That works whether you want a 921 or a Dodge Viper.

If there is a paypal rule that expressly forbids it then OK... raise the price an additional 3% and say the price includes the merchant paying the 3%. What's the big deal?

Well its a matter of supply and demand and if someone wants one bad enough, I guess they will pay the $1250.

With all that said, the DISH Store was sitting on about (40) 921 receivers when they where released in January. I was very tempted to start putting them up on ebay and let people start a bidding war over them.

With that said, we sold them for $989 for the customers on our waiting list :)

Now if we can just get more :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)