921 Recording @ wrong times?

sparkey2112

Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
Has anyone experienced a timer using the 921 that fires a day late? Its like the clock is wrong in the firmware. Plus some of my programming goes RED and until I do a soft reboot(Holding the PWR button for 10sec). I have had to do this several times in the last couple of weeks! Seems more often after a nice Dish Network audit 2 weeks ago!!! Any suggestions?

You may notice when you go into the timer menu that the event in question appears in the wrong place in the listing, this is a clue that the event was mis-filed. Example a weekly timer set for Saturday is grouped in the section with the Sunday events. Try removing the event a re-add it again, that had worked for me.

As far as channels appearing red in the guide that shouldn't be, this happened twice in one particular week. It occurred in the days following the time I had my 921 replacement. The first time it was fixed after a re-boot and the second (day or two later) I had to call dish. My feelings is it something DN caused and as you pointed out, occurring just after an audit may be a simular situation as my new replacement was. Once DN got my R00 and S00 numbers for the final time I haven't had that occur.

I have experienced the same thing. It happens to me every few weeks. They have ackowledged that it's a software problem and God only knows when they will fix it. Reboot of the receiver through holding down the power button for a few secs clears the problem.

With my receiver, when it starts happening, all of my weekly timers fire a day early. If you schedule a new one-off timer, that will fire correctly, but repeating timers fire a day in advance. Guide information in the PVR menu is for the show intended to be recorded. If you play the incorrectly recorded show and hit "info", you will see the information for the show actually recorded.

It really pisses me off. This all started while Battle Star Galactica was still running new episodes a few months back. :mad:

I have complained to supervisors and I call in and bitch every time I have to reboot my receiver to fix it. It is my assupmption that if I call in and make noise about every bug, that will encourage them to fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)