921 Remote + Marantz Receiver / Amp?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

0db

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
:shocked

Seriously? The 4 codes in the manual won't TOUCH my Marantz SR7200 receiver. I'm relatively certain the UHF remote on my old PVR501 could handle it, and my old DirecTiVO remote was flawless. This can't be difficult. All the nice Marantz receivers use the same remote!

I've tried the 4 listed codes, and tried hunting through all the other codes. Has anyone had success with this? It's ridiculous. Minor compared to some other apparent 921 issues, but still... unacceptable. I may end up returning this thing over that stupid little issue. Particularly with the +/- 20dB volume levels going from SD to 5.1 HD channels, I need immediate volume control!

Has anyone managed to get this working? I know I'm not the only one with one of these fine receivers.

So just for kicks, I manually went through all the Marantz codes, for every type of device; none of them will get the volume control working. Running a code-by-code search for all types of aux devices won't get the power to kick on/off, so I'm assuming there's NO action here. This is strange because my old UHF dish remote ran this thing just fine. GRRRRRRR.

I did the code search last night. None worked. Looks like Marantz added a new code set or Dish dropped some codes.

Good thing I have a Harmony 688. I guess I will take the time to program it properly.

Yeah, my Marantz came with a really nice universal remote but it's tough to map in all the DBS and PVR features onto it.

The Dish remote does not do 'punch through' volume control for receivers. The work-around is to enter the code for your receiver as an AUX device. When you want to adjust the volume, you press the AUX button, change the volume, then press the SAT button to re-engage the the 921 controls. Clunky, I know.

The other option is to get a real universal remote, like the MX500, and program all the 921 functions in to it. The downside there is that you lose the UHF capabilities if you need them.

WildBill - you are mistaken. I just programmed my 921 remote to control the volume on my Sony A/V receiver while it's in SAT mode.

Trouble is, I don't remember how I did it - it's in the manual, tho.

After you have found the code to work your amp, do this:

Hold in the AUX button till they all light up
Press the # (pound) Button
Press the (plus) + side of the volume button
Press the 0 (zero) button...now the AUX button should flash 3 times
Press the SAT button
Now even in satellite mode when you change the volume button the AUX light will light, the volume willchange and you will still be in SAT mode.

Found on page 88 of user manual toward the bottom titled "Switching between TV and device volume control"

Yeah, that's the way I had my 501's UHF remote set up as well. Infuriates me that they apparently killed the relevant Marantz codes.

:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts