921 Retail Price Drop - Now $349 or less

Considering that it is one of E*s more problematic receivers (yes I know MASSIVE understatement) I can't see many takers even at that price. Especially with MPEG4 coming up in the upcoming months. Oh I know it won't be immediate but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you saw MPEG4 only HD channels 8-10 months from now.

I bought 2 of 'em at 999.00 and sold one for $1425.00 2 years ago. :rolleyes:

I've still got a few hours left on it. I'm waiting for a 622.

It is a LOT more stable than it used to be. A few aspect hangups and a quarterly 'show me every hidden channel that dish broadcasts' bug, but a card or power-button reset fixes it.

Once it gets down to the price of the 721 I can see more people taking the 921 than the 721. This could keep the price up on the 921 or drop the price of the 721.

I got mine a little over a year ago in the $999 34 HD in a box bundle, ($450 for the 921, $550 for the TV), still a great deal even with the new price decrease! Lots of soft reboots but no lost recordings or failures...yet...

The question is:

Will the upgrade price of 921->622 be cheap enough that $350 921 + upgrade price is less than the price of a new 622...

My 921 has worked very well. Every now and then it will not get an OTA recording, but I do not think that it is always the 921 fault. The stations can mess up too.

Very good question mike123abc, maybe some people will buy these up and hope for a good upgrade deal. There is no promise though on what the upgrade costs will be or if there will even be one. I imagine many will be very very disgruntled if they have to pay any HD upgrade and may switch to DirecTv to get a free one.

I imagine many will be very very disgruntled if they have to pay any HD upgrade and may switch to DirecTv to get a free one.
Yup.

After paying $1000 for the POS that NEVER worked right, and NEVER had half the PROMISED features, they BETTER upgrade me for no more than a shipping charge. :mad:

SimpleSimon said:
Yup.
After paying $1000 for the POS that NEVER worked right, and NEVER had half the PROMISED features, they BETTER upgrade me for no more than a shipping charge. :mad:
And it better be MINE not a lease.

After paying $550 for my 721 and seeing how these other expensive HD receiver prices would drop along with the 721, I decided to wait until the receiver prices dropped. I got both of my 522's for around $135 each new off of ebay. They have better functionality than the 721 and the Name Based Recording really helps.

Yes, It better be complete ownership and a very very small upgrade fee if any at all for the MPEG-4 upgrade or risk losing your business to DirecTv if they have an excellent offer for new subscribers.

I bought my 921 back in august for a little over $500.00 and if I understand this discussion, with the switch to the new type of hd receiver I got to buy a whole new receiver when dish brings raleigh on line with local hd? that stinks.

We are not sure what kind of offers Dish Network is going to bring for their customers yet but I hope they offer some at least comparable to those DirecTv is offering. If they do not they stand to lose a number of subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts