921 with dish/rca 34" monitor - overscan problem in 1080i mode

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spiderg8r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
still unable to do anything about this overscan problem. At least 15% in 1080i mode, but looks good in 480p. Dish tries to tell me this is just how it is with a 921 and dish monitor as well as many other monitors - I find this hard to believe. Does anyone else have menu channels, words, logos, as well as the info bar across the top of the screen all cut off when using 1080i mode? When I switch in the menu from 480p to 1080i the menu graphics are less crisp in 1080i -- this can't be right, can it?

I imagine I would see a lot more complaints on this forum if this ws happening to everyone - so tell me I'm not crazy so I can demand a replacement unit.

P.S. - no telling if its the dish monitor or the 921 thats the problem either

thanks for any input

I've got the tv and it does the same thing but mine cuts off the bottom. I had a 921 that did it and now my 942 does it so I think it is in the tv. Someone said something about adjusting the overscan in the service menu but I don't know how to get into that. Maybe someone who knows will post here.

I'm unsure what may help or not and you can probably account for the lack of problems for other folks because the majority of HD sets out are DLP, RPG, Plasma, Projection or LCD and I believe they all have adjustments for these things. Even some CRT sets do but most do not which is I think what you have.

Service Menu:

Yea, you can get there. Write down all the initial settings. DON'T touch anything except the geometry menu. When you done you must check the save settings box or the changes will not stick.

to get the menu:
turn off the TV
Hold down chan-down & vol-down simultaneously till the set turns on (10 secs).

There's always gonna be a compromise. The settings for 480i and 480p are shared. What works for the 921 is different then what works for the DVD player.

1080i is separate. BUT, there is no vertical position setting for 1080i. Just amplitude.
The 921 position adjust can help here.

Make sure the 921 (or whatever) isn't in any zoom mode when you start playing with this.

" HD sets out are DLP, RPG, Plasma, Projection or LCD and I believe they all have"

What's a RPG? I didnt realize there were video game tvs???? did you mean CRT? or LCOS? or TFT? or DILA?

Jon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts