921 Wont Stop Recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dubinvero

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
I have the 921 with L185. Timed recordings wont start and real-time activated recordings wont stop. In fact they will not stop even when I go into the DVR menu and select stop. Any suggestions on how to fix these two timer problem?

Derek

I have no fix, but I am having the same problem as you... I recorded 14 hours of Comedy Central the other day, until I realized what was happening! :eek:

Well, first and foremost, power-plug reboot. If you haven't don't this at least once (twice is usually better) since the software downloaded, that's probably your problem. I AM assuming we're talking about SATELLITE receordings - OTA is a whole different can of worms - lots of threads to read both here and at DBSTalk on that subject.

If the above does not help, try deleting ALL timers, and doing a power-plug reboot. I've found that that will fix corruption in the timer database, although I haven't had to do that for a couple of software releases now.

Thanks, before I read your reply I pulled the smart card out, waited a minute, then put it back in. Then everything worked fine. I will try the power cord re-boot if I see any more problems...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts