921 Wont Stop Recording

dubinvero

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
I have the 921 with L185. Timed recordings wont start and real-time activated recordings wont stop. In fact they will not stop even when I go into the DVR menu and select stop. Any suggestions on how to fix these two timer problem?

Derek

I have no fix, but I am having the same problem as you... I recorded 14 hours of Comedy Central the other day, until I realized what was happening! :eek:

Well, first and foremost, power-plug reboot. If you haven't don't this at least once (twice is usually better) since the software downloaded, that's probably your problem. I AM assuming we're talking about SATELLITE receordings - OTA is a whole different can of worms - lots of threads to read both here and at DBSTalk on that subject.

If the above does not help, try deleting ALL timers, and doing a power-plug reboot. I've found that that will fix corruption in the timer database, although I haven't had to do that for a couple of software releases now.

Thanks, before I read your reply I pulled the smart card out, waited a minute, then put it back in. Then everything worked fine. I will try the power cord re-boot if I see any more problems...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)