921's Coming to COSTCO

DishBacker said:
boy921, $300? Give the box some credit. It is a dual tuner, 180+ hour SD box. That in itself is worth a good $500 plus. Yes, not all of the OTA stuff has been worked out, but the cheapest OTA receiver is $299, and mine in the DFW area functions about as well as a regular OTA receiver (I tried 3 of them before my 921 was available for purchase)... except the 921 can trick-play on all channels (same my local NBC channel). In the end, the cost is reasonable when you look at it that way.

Its just like the bundle service offerings in telecom... when someone like Verizon comes out and says 'have everything for $100 a month' (or whatever the price is), people think Yikes! but if you look at the breakdown of $40 for the first line, $30 for dsl, $30 for unlimited LD and $30 for 300 cellphone minutes, you realize that you are starting to save money. (Note prices are nothing accurate and are just for a discussion point)
Right now it should cost about the same as a new 721 + $25 For the OTA tuner and $50 for the hard drive. I might have been a little light, but I'm subtracting the cost of my frustrations. I can't wait for L189 so I'll have something else that will be discouraging. If the OTA is fixed and I can receive all my local digitals, I'll quit complaining if the timer issues are really, truly fixed. Any bets? :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
No that would be Friday the 5th. (Just before the Tech Chat so they can be all happy and act like they fixed something) :D
That date is much better than 12 of Neveruary. I here that E* has Neveruary, booked solid so look for the 13th if you don't see it by November 5 (of what year?) :D :D

As of today, 11/5, their website has nothing satellite related except for an XM radio receiver. Are the stores different?

The stores do carry stuff not listed online, but the 921 and no other dish products are available here. All my costco and most others do is referral retailing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)