922 apps?

Koilvr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
In a house
Didn't dish say the 922 will have an apple like apps section u can buy for your 922? I think that would be awesome for the 922. Also when is the web browser coming out for it? I know SOON, but we need to keep letting dish know we want these features.

Just by the way the UI acts. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing is webkit-based and not just the browser. I would think it's certainly possible that they could do apps, but I think we are still a ways off from even getting access to the full browser.

Apps are you dreaming? Dish cannot get the 922 to do simple basic chore let alone the problems apps will bring.

I think it is just a matter of time. Dish will be focusing right now on stability of the 922 with basic DVR (pretty stable already) and Sling (needs some work still). Then they will add the internet browser back in, and I would expect Apps sometime after that.

Apps are the way of the future/present. Look at iPhone/Android. Just makes sense.

Plus, Scott has been saying "this 922 we have now is just the beginning" which I think means Dish has LOTS of plans for the 922 in the future.

I bet they don't ever add the internet back. This reminds me of the 721 that was supposed to have internet . They had internet with the original webtv/dishplayer and it worked fine ,till the legal fallout between DISH and Microsoft.

IF DISH was smart , they would do deals with Hula, Netflix, Blockbuster, Xtreme HD, etc , making the investment in putting in the internet feature into the 922 worth it . Then the 922 would truly be the media hub of the household.

I bet they don't ever add the internet back. This reminds me of the 721 that was supposed to have internet . They had internet with the original webtv/dishplayer and it worked fine ,till the legal fallout between DISH and Microsoft.

IF DISH was smart , they would do deals with Hula, Netflix, Blockbuster, Xtreme HD, etc , making the investment in putting in the internet feature into the 922 worth it . Then the 922 would truly be the media hub of the household.

IF DISH were smart? How do we know that haven't?

I certainly hope they are NOT working on apps or even the browser. I'd like to see all efforts going toward fixing the EHD, manual timers and a few other features.

Would love some Apps! Always check the App Store on my iPhone often. You're right, they could make some money with this.

Definitely needs the Internet capability to compete with all the other alternatives out there in the entertainment world.

Would like to see the EHD working though! I only had it on the VIP 622 for a few days and it was nice.

And the most essential thing! Slingplayer Application capability for the 922 instead of the slow DISH website.

Dale

I'd rather they work on the advertised features that are glitchy, non-functioning or sub-par (lost recordings/timers reseting, EHD, SlingBox) than adding some apps or a web browser.

Off topic

I don't know, but if history is any indication , DISH won't do this because it would compete with their over priced video on demand .
Sorry off topic, but i noticed that the vod is a joke too. Im new to dish and coming from directv, i was like your kidding. I have had uverse, comcast, directv and dish vod. I can tell you that dish vod is crap. Do they plan on fixing it? Its the worst vod, the other guys are 80% free and 20% paid, dish is 80% paid and 20% crap. Everything else is great, i love my 922. I very happy with dish, i just wish they would fix the vod and the best of everything.

Sorry off topic, but i noticed that the vod is a joke too. Im new to dish and coming from directv, i was like your kidding. I have had uverse, comcast, directv and dish vod. I can tell you that dish vod is crap. Do they plan on fixing it? Its the worst vod, the other guys are 80% free and 20% paid, dish is 80% paid and 20% crap. Everything else is great, i love my 922. I very happy with dish, i just wish they would fix the vod and the best of everything.

So is your complaint about the technology that drives it or the cost? I'm admit there's not much of interest on there. But every so often, there will be free HD episodes of shows like SG:U and Caprica on there that come in handy if say your 922 erases them from your EHD when trying to import them into your DVR.

And I think just because of the nature of satellite vs. land-based cable/IPTV/fiber. Satellite is going to have a hard time competing with the immediacy of on-demand programming offered by competing mediums. Which is why DISHOnline is the way it is and downloads shows over your net connection. I'd like an option to watch shows as they are downloaded if your connection is fast enough though. I can download from DISHOnline @ 15Mbits/sec which is more then enough for some high quality HD streams.

Which is why DISHOnline is the way it is and downloads shows over your net connection. I'd like an option to watch shows as they are downloaded if your connection is fast enough though. I can download from DISHOnline @ 15Mbits/sec which is more then enough for some high quality HD streams.

You can do this on the 922.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts