922 erasing recordings!

Baley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2010
Acworth GA
I have had this problem twice since the software upgrade.
I upgraded my 622 to the 922 about a month ago, and this is my second one. The 1st one died a week after I got it!
I had some recording saved from the 622 that were transferred to the 922. Twice now, the 922 has said my hard drive is over 100% full and will erase all the recording but the ones transferred from the 622. Strange right?
This is getting very frustrating! I will set down to watch some shows, watch one or two, go back to watch another and find they all are gone!
I have reset with the front button and unplugged for as long as over night but it just does it again. Talking to the CSR's its always the 1st they have ever heard of such a thing! Why oh why did I spend $200 to upgrade a perfectly working 622 to this piece of junk!!?? :mad:
Does anyone have any idea what to try? Trying to work with the CSRs is a total waste of time.

How many recordings do you have on the 922? If you are near the limit of the box it should delete the oldest recording if it is the same timer, not sure what happens when it is a different timer. I suspect it would delete the oldest recording? Sounds like you need to hook an external drive up and archive some of them to make some room. I transfer all movies to my HDD and leave series shows on the 922. I have about 70 timers right now and have yet to hit more than 50% full on the 922.

I wish that was the case. It happens when I only have maybe a dozen things recorded. The hard drive will show 14% full and next thing I know it says its 107% full and will delete all the recordings and still how 107% full. At that point it wont record anything. The CSR told me last night he had never heard of such a thing but would pass it on to the next level and it should be fixed within the next 48 hours. So in other words he just blew me off because he had no idea what to do. This all just started with the new software but I'm not saying that is the cause. I just want a DVR that works... I still wish I would have saved the $200 and stuck with my 622. It worked great, but no, I had to upgrade to the latest and greatest!

In any case, it would be a really good idea to archive your recordings that you want to keep NOW. Don't watch them get whacked as you try to rationalize why it shouldn't be so.

That is exactly what I have done harshness. Right now I have it recording two things and watching something else to give it a "stress test" to see if that does anything. This am when I was watching the news on tsunami in Japan it totally locked up and I had to unplug it to get it going again. Like I have said this my second one!

I know this is an older thread but I had this happen to me this week in the middle of taping some shows. I had about 5% hard drive use (once I watch something I delete it) and for two days it told me my hard drive was 120% full even though it was empty and the few things I had on it disappeared.

I spoke with Dish and they are sending me another one as they deemed mine defective but here is where it got odd... yesterday (2 days after the initial screwup) it was taping 3 programs at night with no problem and my DVR said "1% full".

I also had a problem where it said broadband was connected, I could browse and download Dish on Demand, but Dish online said I was not connected.

Like Baley said, I love the receiver but I'm at the point where I"m questioning the extra investment for being a beta tester.

I had the same dvr problem back in January. After setting factory defaults, it worked fine until 2 weeks ago. It showed 129% full and erased all recordings. The next morning, it reset itself but my 5 recordings were gone.
They sent a replacement 922 and it has worked fine for the past week after some remote and EHD issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)