922 Home Media...Is Video working?

It doesn't work for me . Most videos play for a while using playon.com and then freeze and stop working. Scott and some others claim that it does work for them. Maybe it's the computer they are using. I have a brand new computer with the most powerful internet connection I can get in my area , but the playon.com that I bought for $39.99 is going to waste.

Ummmm. playon??

Is this a featuer on the 922?

I would like to know if the Home Media part of the 922 is ready for video and what file format it will support.

Mike

Playon is software that allows your PC to be a media server. With Playon running on your PC the 922 can play video. It converts file formats as needed.

For the people who are using playon.

How are you connected to the internet using Playon? I am using a netgear power plug that works like Homeplug. My receiver is plugged directly into the outlet, not a power strip surge protector. Is the key to try to plug it into the router directly and avoid homeplug?

For the people who are using playon.

How are you connected to the internet using Playon? I am using a netgear power plug that works like Homeplug. My receiver is plugged directly into the outlet, not a power strip surge protector. Is the key to try to plug it into the router directly and avoid homeplug?
I'm using the Homeplug in the 922 and a Slinglink Turbo wall wart to the router. I have several Netgear adapters but the 922 would not connect with the Netgear at the router so the tech gave me a Slinglink Turbo and bingo. Not a problem since.

And just a comment on Playon and images. I have a few that Playon won't open. But TVersity does. So I use Playon for video and TVersity for slide shows.

So the slinglink turbo wall wart works huh? I will have to get me one then. I am tried of trying to use the netgear home plug.
It works for me. Are you having any luck with Dish Remote Access? Does your router see the 922? Do you have 3 green OKs for Broadband connection? If yes then I doubt if a Slinglink Turbo would improve your situation.

The remote access works ,sometimes and other times I have to sign out and then resign in to get it to work again. I ordered the slinglink turbo plug today. IF it doesn't work any better then I just wasted 49.99.

I did unplug my receiver today from the wall and when I plugged it back in , I was able to watch several Hula.com shows over my receiver without the shows stopping. Maybe it will work even better with my new slinglink turbo plug.

On a related question, I also am using playon device for streaming and it works well (SD only) streaming netflix or anything else for that matter. Can HD be streamed using other devices such as playstation? Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts