Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am posting this as there were some questions from last weeks DISH Network retailer chat about the 922 including a FREE version of the Slingplayer software coming later this year.

So here from DISH is what they sent dealers regarding the 922 and Android app.

ViP 922 SlingLoaded™ DVR Updates

oAdded Functionality for Playing Back DVR Events – With the most recent software release, you now have the added functionality to playback DVR events directly from an attached external hard drive. By using the functionality in this software release you no longer need to transfer events to the DVR hard drive for playback.

oSlingPlayer Mobile App in Android Store – The SlingPlayer Mobile App has been released in the Android store, allowing customers to view their ViP 922 receivers and standalone Slingboxes on their Android mobile devices.
– Set Up
– The set up for the Android app is available in the “Go Mobile” section of DISH Remote Access, along with setup instructions for all supported mobile devices.
– Price
– This app is $29.00 and DISH customers will NOT be reimbursed for the purchase. A FREE app is planned to be available from DISH for Android this fall; therefore, you may wish to advise customers to wait until the free app becomes available.

And there you have it.

Scott, do you have any idea if the free app will be ONLY for Android? Or are they going to make the iPhone/iPad app free as well?

Unless dish has changed their policy they will reimburse you for the Slingplayer App on the Iphone. I got credit on my bill for what I paid for the app.

But What about?

Scott,

Any word from dish about when they will have the software to the point of completion with all the features done like the other recievers they have?

Also what about being able to use the slingplayer app for the pc/mac instead of the stupid web interface?

I just got the 922 to replace a failed 622 and i like the 922....although I don't understand why they have menu options that lock the system so you have to do a hard reboot.

thanks for any insight.

Unless dish has changed their policy they will reimburse you for the Slingplayer App on the Iphone. I got credit on my bill for what I paid for the app.

Yeah I know, but it is very different to pay $29.99 and then get reimbursed, and to get it Free from the App Store. Obviously the free route is preferred!

Also, the iPad version is not out, so we have no idea if that will be free, free to those who own the iPhone version already, or a whole other app to be charged for.

If Sling/Dish move to make all the Slingplayer Mobile apps free, now THAT would be good news!

It would have been nice (especially since Sling is in-house) if they could have announced this prior to the SlingPlayer launch on the Android market. I paid for it the first day of launch, but if I had known another version would be available free in the fall, I would have waited. Nice piece of PR, Dish.

Scott,

Any word from dish about when they will have the software to the point of completion with all the features done like the other recievers they have?

Also what about being able to use the slingplayer app for the pc/mac instead of the stupid web interface?

I just got the 922 to replace a failed 622 and i like the 922....although I don't understand why they have menu options that lock the system so you have to do a hard reboot.

thanks for any insight.

I am able to use the Slingplayer app on my Mac. I use version 1.0.8. Anything newer doesn't work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)