922 is totally confused trying to record 3 shows

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
Well... Right now, my 922 is trying to record The Walking Dead (AMC HD), the BCS Selection Special (ESPN HD), and Desperate Housewives (OTA - HD). I was watching the football game live on NBC OTA (HD), and thought I'd start watching some of the BCS show, so I started it. Black screen, no DVR controls.

So, I went back to the game for awhile.

Paranoid, I thought I'd see if The Walking Dead finale was recording, so I selected it and chose "Start over" - the show started from the beginning, thankfully, but I had no DVR control - I couldn't FF or skip ahead or even pause.

Well, back to the game. No go. The channel banner changed (and also showed me my OTA signal strength for the NBC channel), but The Walking Dead continued to play. At this point, no matter what I try to change to (different channel, something already recorded, something being recorded), the channel banner changes but nothing changes on the screen.

I turned off the DVR, and the audio continued to play through the receiver.

It will be interesting to see what actually recorded when all is said and done. Not a very impressive showing for the 922 tonight.

That was one of the biggest drawbacks to the 922 to me. You never knew when the Tv 2 user stopped/deleted bug was going to strike and what show you would miss. I don't know why this is a problem still, since the 922 was supposed to be based on the same insides of the 722k. The 722k seems to record everything fine with the occasional recording that shows fully recorded, but stops after a few minutes and you can't see anymore video, just frozen or black screen. That bug is still around from last year when I had a 722k. But over all the 722k is more reliable to me than the 922 ever was. Hopefully they will fix both bugs on both receivers in the near future.

Well, spot-checking the recordings, it looks like everything recorded correctly - whew! The machine just became unusable until I was able to reboot it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts