922 link remote issues?

Koilvr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
In a house
My installer is here now and I am the first person and first install for them to install a 922. My question is there having issues linking the remote to the 922. It says press and release the sat button to link it he is doing it and nothing is working. whats the trick to link the remote?

Press MENU MENU twice on the front of the receiver to get to the system info screen.

Then press and hold the SAT button on the remote for a few seconds. It should link.

If not remove the batteries for about 30 seconds, then go to the system info screen and try again.

Thanks Scott they tried that and still does not wanna link so they left and will bring back another remote to try a new one.

It is very tight and they took the old remote with them. Also how do you hook up the old remote from my vi722? I set it to ir in the 922 but remote still does not work.

If its an IR remote #1...

Just press and hold the Sat Button until all the lights blink.

Then press the #1 on the keypad then press the # button on the remote.

Now on the 922 front panel press menu and arrow over to setting, then go to remote setup and go down to ir setup and once in there turn ir on. :)

There is a known issue with linking the remotes. The receivers were shipped out with software that recognizes the old touchpad remote. New software needs to be downloaded before linking the remote.

Do not link the remote when the 481 pop-up appears. Use the front panel to download software and then link the remote.

If you need to unlink a remote that the receiver is not recognizing:
System info
Hold SAT until all top lights light up
Press recall and 0 at the same time for a few seconds
Hit search
Hit volume up
Hit Stop

Then re-link the remote.

Last edited:
The installers in knoxville where awesome. They let me do all my install and when they saw my wires not buried because of previous installers there out there in the rain right now burring it. This is an awesome region of dish network in knoxville,TN. Awsome 922 now to Get sling going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)