922 Loses IP Connection

jamesriley000

Nov 30, 2011
United States
I've been having an issue with my 922 for about a week now. I wonder if anyone's experienced the same issue and has figured out a solution. As I'm browsing On-Demand titles it will randomly tell me that the receiver has no broadband connection. It says to press record to reset the connection. Sometimes this works, most of the time it doesn't. Also while watching an on demand video, it will suddenly stop and say that the download failed. This is obviously a result of a list bb connection. Every time this happens I check the network setup screen and it shows a good solid connection. My 922 is connected to Comcast cable Internet via Netgear router directly w/ Ethernet. I've rest all components (rcvr, router, and modem) changed Ethernet cables and ports on the router. Any other suggestions? Or just another software bug?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

jamesriley000 said:
I've been having an issue with my 922 for about a week now. I wonder if anyone's experienced the same issue and has figured out a solution. As I'm browsing On-Demand titles it will randomly tell me that the receiver has no broadband connection. It says to press record to reset the connection. Sometimes this works, most of the time it doesn't. Also while watching an on demand video, it will suddenly stop and say that the download failed. This is obviously a result of a list bb connection. Every time this happens I check the network setup screen and it shows a good solid connection. My 922 is connected to Comcast cable Internet via Netgear router directly w/ Ethernet. I've rest all components (rcvr, router, and modem) changed Ethernet cables and ports on the router. Any other suggestions? Or just another software bug?

Mine does the same thing. I never have an issue with other devices so I say it's a 922 issue. I have another thread about this issue, but I cannot link it here with my phone.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Mine does the same thing. I never have an issue with other devices so I say it's a 922 issue. I have another thread about this issue, but I cannot link it here with my phone.

are you with the same ISP?> Connected with ethernet? What kind of router?

DISHinOhio said:
are you with the same ISP?> Connected with ethernet? What kind of router?

Comcast, linksys router, ethernet.

Comcast, linksys router, ethernet.

I think just as a means of diagnosing the issue, i would connect the receiver to my wireless network to see if it persists. From there you could start making other moves to see if it may be SW/hardware....

DISHinOhio said:
I think just as a means of diagnosing the issue, i would connect the receiver to my wireless network to see if it persists. From there you could start making other moves to see if it may be SW/hardware....

I would need an adapter for that, and is not a hardwired connection better anyway

I would need an adapter for that, and is not a hardwired connection better anyway

Yes, hardwired connection is indeed considered more reliable. But I was just saying as a means of ruling out all possibilities, that's where I would start. Adapters can be Purchased directly through Dish, and you may be able to get deal on one.

DISHinOhio said:
Yes, hardwired connection is indeed considered more reliable. But I was just saying as a means of ruling out all possibilities, that's where I would start. Adapters can be Purchased directly through Dish, and you may be able to get deal on one.

I understand that in terms of troubleshooting, but should I really have to buy something else when it should just work properly to begin with? It seems to me that these boxes are shaky when it comes to connection to the internet and dish should be looking into resolving it, but since the hopper it seems like all 922 support has been put on the way back burner.

Have you tried the conectivity tool for the 922 on DISH's website.It should give you some idea where your problem is.

You can access it here:

http://dishconnectivity.sling.com/

I give my 922 a static ip address by putting the mac address in the router. So, the 922 still does DHCP, but the router always gives it the same number back. This solved a lot of problems in the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts