922 MMAP Connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lil Chris

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Kansas City North
Hey,
I had a question about my 922 and HDD-200 components... The question is:
I noticed that there is a connector called a MMAP conection on the back of my 922, acording to the description from motorola

2. MultimediaAccessPort(MMAP)
The MMAP is primarily designed to allow you to receive high definition channels via the HDD-200. The MMAP connection can also allow your 4DTV receiver to adapt to a compatible computer and future technology.
Where can I get this connector wire, is it a standard wire or something special...? It also says it can connect to a compatible computer and future technology, what does this mean...?

Your thoughts are always appreciated...
Lil Chris

future technology to Motorola is like "soon" to Dish Network... maybe they'll get around to it. Although with Motorola I doubt it

The MMAP cable is what is used to pass an HD singal from the 920 / 922 to the HDD200.
Without the cable you are just upscaling regular video.

I think the MMAP port is to pass the transport stream to the HDD-200.
Motorola probably thought someday it would be a source of high speed data from satellite to suppliment internet access.
My MMAP cable is just a stereo 1/8" audio plug on each end. Some of them use a DB-9 on one end I think and 1/8" stereo phone plug on the other. Correct me if I am wrong.

Back in the day there was always talk of "interactive tv". Home shopping channels that you could use your remote to order items etc.

I guess with the death of c-band for mainstream direct to home subscribers the whole motorola project was probably ditched. I don't think they ever thought the small dbs providers would get so mainstream.

Quite frankly I am sorry they did. The only thing the DBS providers had going for them was strong marketing. It certainly is not picture quality or subscription prices.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts