922 or keep 722K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I have had the 722k dvr receiver for a few years now and it is fine but it would be nice to have a new receiver. Dish offered me a 922. Is that a better receiver? I also have the sling adapter. What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Scott

Hi Scott, the the 722k receiver is a good receiver. I have a 922 myself and i love it. I just recently upgraded my Dad to a 922 as well and he is very happy with it. There have been some customers who have a bad experience with the 922 but it does have a lot of cool features. Ultimately it is up to you and hopefully some other members will chime in.

Personally I'd stick with the 722k or upgrade to Hopper. If you use your upgrade for the 922 it could end up costing more in the end if you want to move to Hopper (say you get more HDTVs.)

The Sling Adapter is useless for the 922 as it already has Sling. However the Hopper can utilize it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I have had the 722k dvr receiver for a few years now and it is fine but it would be nice to have a new receiver. Dish offered me a 922. Is that a better receiver? I also have the sling adapter. What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Scott

The VIP922 has DISH's new HDDVR format which has the Channel Logos HD EPG and Menu Tiles.

You would not need a Sling Adaptor with the VIP922 it's got it all built in,it's Sling Loaded.

If you want OTA you would need DISH's MT2(Dual Over The Air Tuners Module).

The VIP922 is not a whole house HDDVR,even though it can"sling" an HD picture to your computer using TV2.

The VIP922 has a $10. HDDVR fee.

The VIP922/wMT2 gives you 4 tuners(2SAT+2OTA) and can record 4 programs at the same time while watching a prerecorded program.:)

I enjoy mine,but I have wanted a Channel Logo EPG for a long time.;):D

AZ. said:
well the 922 is stable now, it realy sucked @&*%# before...

I would say that is debatable. While they have made improvements it is far from stable.

Someone else says they have not forgotten about it yet, seems to me they have. It receives no new apps even though it clearly is capable of it. It seems that it has been reduced to essential support only.

I have had mine for maybe 3 months and am on my 3rd box. I am having the hopper installed tomorrow and I cannot wait.

Ultimately the choice is yours and not everyone has had the trouble I have had. The 922 does have cool features as long as they work. For me I am convinced that it will not get any better due to the focus on the hopper.

Good luck in your upgrade, either way I am sure you will find something you like. Cheers.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)