922 program guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fj45lvr

Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Anyone know how to get the program guide for the 922. Sometimes I have it and other times is says data not available. Can you go to a specific channel?? Do you have to subscribe??

Thanks for the info.

G1-3

You should set the 922 to auto update, optons 6-4-1 select yes, the 922 will update the guide when you turn it off at night, I think at 2am or 4am, you must have a quality of 45 and up on G1-3 for it to work good.

Yes, you have to subscribe. I get it with the NPS digital package.

It does load between 2 and 4am, but sometimes goes out.

When it does go out, go to G1, TP 3 (I have been told any TP will work), power down the unit, unplug for 15 to 20 seconds, plug it back in, power up and wait approx 15 minutes before using. 9 times out of 10 the guide will come back up. :yes

Another way to get it to update that I have found is to go to G1-03 and press the button for guide on your remote. It will usually update in a couple of minutes. I have found when it is searching for data the display on the 922 changes to G1 and when it has updated the display changes back to G1 03. I have heard that digital tp 100 or 150 will work for the download but when I tried them I was having water in feedhorn problems and it did not work. Bryce

I do not think you need to subscribe, you just need to get the unit activated on Galaxy-10R transponder 5 (G0-5) or Galaxy-1R transponder 3 (G1-3) though it does not hurt to sub to at least a little something.

tdti1 said:
I do not think you need to subscribe, you just need to get the unit activated on Galaxy-10R transponder 5 (G0-5) or Galaxy-1R transponder 3 (G1-3) though it does not hurt to sub to at least a little something.

I have had the 922 two years next month, when I first got it the guide was free. From what I hear Motorola was charging for it then someone filed an injunction against that, it was free for a time then Motorola sued and won the right to charge for it. NPS tacked the fee on to their Digital package, if you don't have the digitals, you won't get the IPG (Inaugurated Program Guide). At least that's the way I get it.

To automatically receive the guide, you need to specifically subscribe to it. You don't really need to subscribe to any digital channels, though.
NPS used to do this for free if you asked them nicely and didn't have any subscriptions through them. I don't know if they are still doing this.

No Motorola does not have the right to charge for the guide, this is why we have know support from them, they make nothing on the 4dtv's. Two idiots basically killed the industry for us. They sued Motorola because Motorola wanted $1 a month to help with updates and the guide, but Motorola lost, so you can get the guide free now, I no many people that do... I will be happy to pay $1 a month for the guide but I guess the time has passed. We may have even seen a new 4dtv, but now it seems to be to late for any of that.

mkm4 said:
To automatically receive the guide, you need to specifically subscribe to it. You don't really need to subscribe to any digital channels, though.
NPS used to do this for free if you asked them nicely and didn't have any subscriptions through them. I don't know if they are still doing this.

Good enough, thanks for the info. It really doesn't matter to me because I am goin to pay for the NPS digitals anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)