922 Question

bama350z

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Am I reading correctly that the 922 will have 2 OTA tuners and wireless to connect to your network? If so, will these be separate modules you will have to purchase and add on or will they come standard?

Am I reading correctly that the 922 will have 2 OTA tuners and wireless to connect to your network? If so, will these be separate modules you will have to purchase and add on or will they come standard?

It will have the slot for the optional 2 OTA tuner module. Same as some of the K model receivers. The wireless is also listed in the CES announcement as optional (external?). It will support turbo speed Homeplug (85mbps) through powerlines.

The transmitter for the Wi-Fi monitor is about the size of a thumb drive. I wish I had taken a picture before the rep slipped it back in his pocket. I also hope Dish lifts the "one USB device at a time" limit before people start using it and an EHD.

I thought that the 722, and possibly others, come factory-equipped for powerline networking right now, using a single SlingLink. (instead of the two that are normally required to connect a remote device to the network.)

They support the standard HomePlug. The 85mbps is referred to as the HomePlug A/V.

They support the standard HomePlug. The 85mbps is referred to as the HomePlug A/V.

The earlier Dish receivers that support HomePlug support the lower speed of HomePlug 1.0 (14). The 922 supports HomePlug 1.0 Turbo (85mbps). HomePlug 1.0 turbo devices are compatible with the older HomePlug 1.0 devices (at the lower speed of course). Homeplug A/V is 200mbps and is not compatible with homeplug 1.0 and not compatible with the 922.

So the wireless piece is simply for transmitting to the wireless monitor not for joining to your network wirelessly?

Does anyone know if the keyboard from the Dishplayer will work on the 922? They mentioned that they might be developing a keyboard for this model. Would it be difficult for the engineers to program so that the old keyboard will work? With the addition of the internet browser, a keyboard would be mighty handy.

I am guessing the 722k does not have Homeplug Turbo, as I have a Slinglink box at home and the 722k sees it fine.

Actually I was going to ask you and anyone else with a 722k to check if it support HomePlug Turbo (85mbps). HP turbo is a HomePlug 1.0 device and compatible with slower HP devices. HP AV (200mbps) is different. So far only the 922 specifically mentions supporting HP Turbo.

Last edited:

Dish Network Internet Loading with 622/722

Savannah Locals in Albany..possible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)