922 record 4 show at same time??

banzaikid1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
So my 922 didn't record right again. I had 3 shows scheduled tonight 2 on the sat tuners and 1 on the OTA and only 1 started to record on 1 of the sat tuners. So I called dish and I just got off the phone with the guy at dish. He said he was part of the new product division and he told me that the 922 is not made to record 4 shows at once it is only made to record 2 shows at the same time. I was just wondering if this guy was right or full of crap. I don't get why I can record 3 or 4 show at the same time then if the receiver is not made to do this. He also told me that if I am able to record 4 show at the same time then I am pushing the receiver beyond it capabilities and that is why it doesn't record properly sometimes. Just wondering what the truth is because if I can't record 4 shows at the same time I'm not going to wait for the update I'll just go back to the 722K.
Thanks
Brad

It is supposed to record 4 things at a time. But it doesn't always work correctly so you sometimes don't get all your shows recorded. I only record about 3 things at a time on average now. I use distants from L.A. from AAD to give me two sets of networks. So I record one ota for Fox during prime time. I also record one sat local for ABC and one sat local for CW in hd during prime time. I use the distants for Cbs and NBC. I also do a power cord reboot daily before prime time shows start to avoid recording problems . The 922 is just like my old 921 and I had to baby sit that box too.

Ok but was the 922 made to record 4 shows at the same time or is it just able to record 4 shows at the same time some of the times. Cause the guy from dish told me that the 922 was only made to record 2 shows at a time and anything more is pushing it beyond it's capability because he said something about the hard drive having 2 needles to write at a time. Or did he not know what he was talking about.

Apparently the CSR you spoke to needs a do-over on his training. As Mike said, it will. Sometimes. I have recorded 4 at once. One time. And I have lost recordings when I recorded only 1 program in a 4 hour window off sat. That coupled with some drop outs last week got me a replacement which I installed yesterday. And with the 32.0 remote, timers, favorites, etc were a piece of cake. At least that works as it's supposed to.

With the optional OTA module it is made to record 4 things at once (2 sat and 2 OTA). The CSR obviously didn't understand about the OTA module. I have a couple nights a week that I record on all 4 tuners at once and haven't had any problems. However, this is usually only for a half hour here and there. I can usually get everything recorded on either 2 or 3 tuners.

Yeah I kept tell him it could be done but he kept insisting that I was over loading the receiver and it wasn't made to do that. He kept telling me that he had one with the new software and dish doesn't support 4 recordings at the same time. I kind of figured he was wrong. So what would you guys suggest I do since I keep having problems with my recordings. Go back to a 722k or swap out my 922 and wait for a software update.
Thanks
Brad

If I were you , I would go back to a 722k. The 922 is turning out to not be all that it was advertised to be. Today the Google page came out on the DISH site saying that only 3 receivers are compatible with the new box: 622/722/722k. I am beginning to think that the 922 is a dead end box and it is definitely not worth an extra $4.00 a month to sometimes be able to "Sling" the picture. I am thinking of seeing how I can trade my 922 back into the online retailer and get another 722k. At least it would work as advertised with google and the external hard drive archiving software works as well. I've had a 1 tb external hard drive sitting empty because the DISH software engineers haven't figured out how to port this feature to the 922 and I 've had this box since May 6th.

I wish I could switch to the 722k. I tried doing that when i found out how ineffective my ota tuner would be. They'll let me switch. For a small 200 dollar fee. Which is bs when i already paid 200 to upgrade to the 922 and could have gotten the 722 for free at the time (new subscriber).

What about the new software that was just released activating TV2 out, did it fix any of the lost recording issues or can anyone state any difference.

I have a 722k would like to upgrade to the 922k but have been waiting for better software. Also waiting on Apps to come out for it.

What about the new software that was just released activating TV2 out, did it fix any of the lost recording issues or can anyone state any difference.

I have a 722k would like to upgrade to the 922k but have been waiting for better software. Also waiting on Apps to come out for it.
Since the lost recordings happened sporadically and not every day and S110 only came out last night I doubt if we will know for some time if it fixed the lost recording issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts