922 Record current show to TV2

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Is there a way on the 922 to where if you want to record a live show to have it do it on TV2. When I had a 722 if I pushed record while watching something it brought up a dialog box that ask which tuner I wanted to use. With the 922 it just goes to TV1. If I want to record the remainder of a program to TV 2 I have to got to that room to start the recording.

Under settings I have record plus enabled and set for tv2.

What am I missing?

Is there a way on the 922 to where if you want to record a live show to have it do it on TV2. When I had a 722 if I pushed record while watching something it brought up a dialog box that ask which tuner I wanted to use. With the 922 it just goes to TV1. If I want to record the remainder of a program to TV 2 I have to got to that room to start the recording.

Under settings I have record plus enabled and set for tv2.

What am I missing?
i think the only way that would be possible would to be in single mode and hit record, then hit swap so that you could use the other tuner. just one more option the 922 is missing. :(

I had posted this in the 922 forum also and one of the DIRT member answered me there. And the answer is:

That is not a feature with the 922 receiver, as with our other receivers. Pressing Record on a ViP 922 will record the remainder of the event to TV1 only. Pressing Record a second time will allows you to increase or decrease the recording time of the event. I'm not sure why this feature was not included with the 922.

I am liking this 922 less and less every day.

I had posted this in the 922 forum also and one of the DIRT member answered me there. And the answer is:

That is not a feature with the 922 receiver, as with our other receivers. Pressing Record on a ViP 922 will record the remainder of the event to TV1 only. Pressing Record a second time will allows you to increase or decrease the recording time of the event. I'm not sure why this feature was not included with the 922.

I am liking this 922 less and less every day.

Is this still the case? If so I will be exchanging the 922 for a 722 soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)