Work Orders and programming.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I called in to change my package from TP120 to TP200.

I waited about an hour and the channels did not show up in the guide. So I called in and I was informed that if there is an appointment on my account, then it won't take effect until it's over.

This makes no sense. How is a work order related to programming? So If I change my package, and my dish gets knocked out, a receiver dies, or I add a receiver, I might have to wait several days to 2 weeks before the new programming shows up?

I am not sure what that issue was, but you can change programming (Drop or add) on line much faster and no hassles

coinmaster32 said:
You cant change anything online if you have an appointment scheduled.

This is correct. The system they use adds any changes to the open work order. Of course in my day I had ways around that, but you most likely would not be able to get someone with the know how or even ability to do it so your best bet would be to just wait till after your install or whatever it is for. you could always cancel that order, make the change you want then setup the order again, but you run the risk of that person sering it up wrong and also pushing your install date back.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Last edited:
I called in to change my package from TP120 to TP200.

I waited about an hour and the channels did not show up in the guide. So I called in and I was informed that if there is an appointment on my account, then it won't take effect until it's over.

This makes no sense. How is a work order related to programming? So If I change my package, and my dish gets knocked out, a receiver dies, or I add a receiver, I might have to wait several days to 2 weeks before the new programming shows up?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/296707-Dish-is-a-clear-winner?p=3019350#post3019350

satjay said:
I am not sure what that issue was, but you can change programming (Drop or add) on line much faster and no hassles

Actually, they do mess with you. The OP is right. My 722k died yesterday morning. I said screw it and opted to go to the Hopper. To offset the increase in subscription, I tried to drop some of my programming. The Dish site won't let me until my appointment is done. Lucky for me, they rush my appointment is today between noon and 5. Either they want to get me this hopper, or they are trying to get my 722k replace fast so that I'm not going without my DVR while still paying for it.

Also, thanks to Zach S from dirt for helping me out.

Actually, they do mess with you. The OP is right. My 722k died yesterday morning. I said screw it and opted to go to the Hopper. To offset the increase in subscription, I tried to drop some of my programming. The Dish site won't let me until my appointment is done. Lucky for me, they rush my appointment is today between noon and 5. Either they want to get me this hopper, or they are trying to get my 722k replace fast so that I'm not going without my DVR while still paying for it.

Also, thanks to Zach S from dirt for helping me out.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Also when there is an open work order, any programming changes will not happen until the work order has been closed. A programming change is considered a work order so the programming change gets added to the current work order.

Maybe it's just me but this is something that Dish needs to look into changing for the better. We should be allowed to change programming if there is a work order on the account. I don't understand why a programming change would link into a work order. I don't know why you would call a programming change a "work order". It's not like someone is coming to my house to change the programming.

That's just how the system works. Any changes on the account have to be completed by their system. The work order is for the change on the account; whether it be to add or remove CCA, programming change, an actual order to send a tech out, etc. Not really a business decision to change, more a system limitation.

coinmaster32 said:
Maybe it's just me but this is something that Dish needs to look into changing for the better. We should be allowed to change programming if there is a work order on the account. I don't understand why a programming change would link into a work order. I don't know why you would call a programming change a "work order". It's not like someone is coming to my house to change the programming.

There is a very simple solution to this. If you wanting to change programming, either do it yourself prior to scheduling a technician or tell the CSR to change the programming before they open the tech work order. Problem solved!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)