922 remote control vs 722

Your hand gets sore? Seriously? Maybe time for a little less TV and a little more physical activity... :D Just kidding with you. I do not notice any substantial difference between the 922 remote and the 722 remotes.

Will a 32.0 remote work with a 722k? And in your opinions, is it worth an extra $5 over the 21.0 remote? From the numerous threads I only see complaints of the 32.0. What are the significant advantages/disadvantages between these two remotes?

Thanks for any help.

The 32 remote is specially designed for the 922. It has a 2way link with the 922.

The 21 remote has the advantage of being programmable (i.e. it will learn codes from another remote).

I prefer the 21 remote to the 32 remote. If Dish does not have codes for your device you will not be able to get the 32 remote to work with it. With the 21 remote you can teach it the codes.

Well dish just has to enable the learning function on the 32.0. It has the ability they just haven't turned it on.

Well dish just has to enable the learning function on the 32.0. It has the ability they just haven't turned it on.

I would love for them to turn this on. Dish does not have codes for my projector, and the codes for my other equipment is somewhat limited. I currently use a 21 remote for everything but the 922 and use the 32 for the 922.

Well, we know it "can" do it hence the little IR receiving window in the side of the remote. My guess is this is one of the features that they are working on (along with external hard drive transfer support), but when that will come, who knows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)