922 Scheduled to be installed tomorrow, what to expect?

whitenerj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Texas
I currently have a 622 and tomorrow a tech is coming out to replace it with a 922. I have the Logitech Revue with Google TV setup now with my 622 with out the integration (Don't see paying $4.00 for the feature). I know the 922 will work with the revue but was wondering if its just a matter of just swapping the receivers out and the 922 will pick up the internet connection immediately? Anyone else have a revue and have had a tech hook up a 922 to it? What else can I expect from the installation? How long does it usually take?

Thanks

As far as you google revue unit, You will need to set it back up as a 722k to make it work with the 922. It will control it just like the 722k without integration.

Well the installer showed up at 8:15 and got the job done by 9:00. Everything is working good except for the channel logos are not showing up on the guide. Also when I try to access the sling feature online it says that our systems are being updated, so I guess I'll have to wait to try that. Guess I should give it 24 hours for the logos to appears and all?

You can set the time for the nightly reboot for a couple of minutes from real time.......let it update and then set the timer again a couple of minutes ahead of real time and let it update again....that way you don't have to wait to get you logos etc.....just do this say 3 times and you will have all the latest updates.

You can set the time for the nightly reboot for a couple of minutes from real time.......let it update and then set the timer again a couple of minutes ahead of real time and let it update again....that way you don't have to wait to get you logos etc.....just do this say 3 times and you will have all the latest updates.

Cool I'll try this and see what happens, thanks alot!!!

Thanks scott, I now see that my sling firmware is 0-0-0 which means it needs time to download the sling firmware. Man I wish you could manually force it to do this!!

Bummer. Did you let it sit for a while to download updates before you rebooted. I did this here and it worked for me as long as I gave it time to download the updates before I rebooted.

No actually I did not let it download so now I've turned off the receiver and have a green light only which must mean its downloading something. Crossing fingers!!

Everything works great now!!! Watching Sling on my android phone right now in great quality!! Plus all the channel logos are showing up!! yeah!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)