922 Sling Photos

922guy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I am wondering if we got a new software release. Some things are now working for me that didn't work before and some of the icons seem different.

Anyways people have been asking me how the sling works, some folks have said that the Sling function does not work. It works and now I can also change channels as well.

I did notice that it does not Sling in HD only VGA mode.

I still cant watch outside the building as I don't know the password to watch it from remote. In addition I can't watch on my MAC as it asks for the password there as well.

Attachments

• sling1.jpg
    sling1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 699
  • sling2.jpg
    sling2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 913
  • sling3.jpg
    sling3.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 757
  • sling4.jpg
    sling4.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 727
  • sling5.jpg
    sling5.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 717
  • sling6.jpg
    sling6.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 676
  • sling7.jpg
    sling7.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 700
No the Sling feature is not going to cost extra. They were very clear about this at Team Summit. They feel it will make a customer "sticky."

Can a beta tester who has the local sling function working (at any resolution!) please tell us if it's really a TV3 output? Various people are trying to find out if the sling output is separate from TV1 and TV2 outputs, for example when you play back recordings. Of course which input tuners it can manipulate is also of interest. (I sure hope it isn't stuck on sat tuner 1.)

I think that there is a tv 1 for hd and if you add a 15 " wifi hd tv that DISH will sell, you can see hd on your main tv on tuner 1 and the small 15" hd tv. IT will be the same show on tv 1 but you can take the small tv and place it any where in the house using wifi . The tv 2 will output in analog like today on the 722k.

Can a beta tester who has the local sling function working (at any resolution!) please tell us if it's really a TV3 output? Various people are trying to find out if the sling output is separate from TV1 and TV2 outputs, for example when you play back recordings. Of course which input tuners it can manipulate is also of interest. (I sure hope it isn't stuck on sat tuner 1.)
So far it appears that it is on television one. But I am sure that is going to change.

So far it appears that it is on television one. But I am sure that is going to change.
Thanks for your insight. Are you discussing what happens when playing back a recording, or playing back live TV? Suppose you're playing back a recording via the Silng output, and you grab your TV1 remote and switch it to live TV? (I'm hoping that the Sling stays on the recording.)

Nope if I hit the guide button the the remote the guide pops up on the screen and also on the sling screen.

My understanding is that this wont be the case when they really start working on the Sling portion. They just got the TV2 portion working on the box with the last release.

Sling HD?

Will the Sling Feature of the 922 be like the stand alone Sling Pro HD?.....It would be dissapointing if it out put at just VGA instead of HD....

Its supposed to be like the Pro HD box. But at the moment its not.

With that said Dish says the feature is not working, so those folks who have it working in their shops are lucky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)