922- Tuners have different volumes

TalonStryk

Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
North Carolina
I upgraded from a 722 dvr from a 922 dvr about a month ago. After the upgrade I noticed that the volume between tv1 and tv2 differ drastically. By using PIP to swap tuners that are on the same channel, i have to adjust the volume on my tv from "15" to 30-35. Another change that was made was to backfeed tv2 so that it could be viewed in another room, could that have something to do with it? Any idea's?

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with the audio on your 922. I did check our known problems list and audio is not a known issue at this time. Does this happen on all channels or just a few? When you are not in PIP mode, does the audio do the same thing or is it normal on TV 2? Unless the cable being used or the splitters to back feed your TV2 is bad, it should not affect the audio that way. Please let me know about TV 2 when TV1 is not in PIP mode. Have you tried unplugging the receiver for 10 seconds so it can reboot?

It happens whether or not picture in a picture is enabled. When I have 2 recordings back to back on the same channel with two different tuners, it still happens. Same channel, same show, back to back on two different tuners. It's like they are set to two different volumes. It's very annoying to have to move the volume up and down when watching the recordings back to back. Also, I have tried unplugging the receiver for ten seconds and plugging it back in to reset it, but this did not help.

I don't have this issue... I record off of tv1 and tv2 all the time. Audio is not a problem...

I had noticed this problem also, my receiver is also set up to back feed. I did not realize it was between the tuners. Maybe dish needs to check on this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts