922 vs 722k w/sling adapter

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
What is the current consensus on the 922 vs 722k/sling combo? I remember lots of people complaining about 922 bugs and missing features, with many saying that their 722k actually does more and works better, other than the Sling function. So, I was wondering if that was still true?

I have a 722k at work, and find it to be a pretty decent DVR. I am thinking of subbing to E* again at home, and am wondering if I should go with a 722k w/Sling or opt for the 922. Or, is the 922 just a 921/721/800 situation all over again? (I thought Dish overcame the buggy new product releases in the mid 2000's.)

Should I maybe wait for the XIP series? Or, opt for 922/722k now, and add a Sling Extender when that is released?

Questions, questions, questions, flooding into the mind of the concerned young person today.

A 722k with Sling Adapter is better...

Better yet a 722k with a stand alone Slingbox is the best. You are then not limited to watching via the DISH website.

What is the current consensus on the 922 vs 722k/sling combo? I remember lots of people complaining about 922 bugs and missing features, with many saying that their 722k actually does more and works better, other than the Sling function. So, I was wondering if that was still true?

I have a 722k at work, and find it to be a pretty decent DVR. I am thinking of subbing to E* again at home, and am wondering if I should go with a 722k w/Sling or opt for the 922. Or, is the 922 just a 921/721/800 situation all over again? (I thought Dish overcame the buggy new product releases in the mid 2000's.)

Should I maybe wait for the XIP series? Or, opt for 922/722k now, and add a Sling Extender when that is released?

Questions, questions, questions, flooding into the mind of the concerned young person today.

I asked the same questions months ago...lol.....Forget the XIP even if it released the bugs will take a year or more just to be working ( aka 922).....I have the 922 I feel that paying an extra $4 is a total ripoff you get nothing more for it!...I still havent been able to see my setup back home, the 922 has been very reliable for streaming!!! My thinking is that everything was built in, and hopfally that makes problems at a minimum.....But it sure sounds as the 722 overall is the best they offer.... Get a free Sling adaptor and save $4 a month? Kinda a no brainer to me!....The 922 sure would have to do somthing head over heals to justify the extra monthly cost!!!!!

Have fun on your dellema.... : )

A 722k with Sling Adapter is better...

Better yet a 722k with a stand alone Slingbox is the best. You are then not limited to watching via the DISH website.
I already have a Sling Pro-HD, but never unpacked it after moving over 6 months ago. I like the small size of the Dish Sling adapter, and only plan on using to sling to the bedroom, if they ever release the Sling Extender. I don't understand what the holdup is, as it's basically just a SlingCatcher without the useless secondary features.

Looks like 722k will be the way I go, if I sign up again.

GaryPen,

Dish Internet Response Team is here to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. You received several excellent responses to your original question. I have a 722 with a Sling Adapter connected; I love being able to view Live TV or recorded events form anywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts