922 want let me watch recordings

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Is anyone else having this problem? When I go to watch a recording on the 922 , all i get is a black screen, and the receiver locks up. I can put it in standby for a while or reset it and watch TV but not recordings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this problem for about the 1st day or so of recordings they also would not delete. But after a few days everything seems to be playing fine. I had to reset my 922 3 times the first night because of the black screen. But it has been running fine after that.

Me too

So far, my experience has not been the greatest. Lot a bunch of shows I tried to transfer via EHD - that didn't help with the wife.

But...biggest issue is the one you're having. Screen going back when I try to play a recorded show.

I've only had the 922 for a few days, so I'm hopeful that it will work itself out.

On mine, all of the DVR functions seem to no longer work. I cant pause live TV, the box will say it is recording something, however the red light does not come on, and when I go to play something that was "Recorded" I just get a black screen that locks up the box. I have to reset it, and then I can watch TV. It is basically a 211K right now. Maybe the second box will be the charm?

I wouldn't screw around with the EHD stuff at the moment, its not working too well.

Try recording something else for a few seconds and see if that plays.

Sending me a new one

So far, my experience has not been the greatest. Lot a bunch of shows I tried to transfer via EHD - that didn't help with the wife.

But...biggest issue is the one you're having. Screen going back when I try to play a recorded show.

I've only had the 922 for a few days, so I'm hopeful that it will work itself out.

Well...I've pretty much lost all DVR functionality. Advanced tech support was great though and they're sending me out a new box. They think it may be a bad hard drive. Fingers crossed box2 will be perfect.

I had the same problem. I also think it was the hard-drive that went on my first 922. Now I only occasionally get a blank screen, when trying to watch a recording in progress, which a reboot does clear up the problem (however in rebooting you will lose part of a recording in progress). I think you will likely have better luck with your second receiver, but it will take a little while still to get all of the bugs out of the 922, so I don't think that you can expect a "perfect" 922 for some time, but your second 922 hopefully will be mostly functional and near perfect.

I'm having this problem as well with software S102. No DVR functions work on either tuner. Getting a replacement 922 tomorrow. Hopefully this will work. Sounds like Dish has a lot to fix with this box.

I had this problem really bad on my first unit, to the point that I had a specific show recorded that would make this happen.

I swapped out to my second box last week and the problems went away but I still had the occasional black screen and reboot every day.

At that time I was running S101.

On Sat, I noticed the receiver becoming stable no reboot. I checked on Sun and it was running S102. Then sunday it seemed to work and I even attempted to run sling my my desktop, before that was a sure way to need a reboot. Although the sling is not up to par until we get a native client, it worked and the system was fine.

Now that I am bragging I am sure that the receiver is going to crash and burst into flames. :(

Well, I now have my second 922, and all I can say is so far, so good. I did not hook up the EHD this time, and I understand that for the time being this feature is disabled, maybe that had something to do with it on the first one. Well, knock on wood that this one keeps working.

I am still getting this from time to time on the second receiver, but it usually recovers. Tonite was the first time since 102 came out that I had to force a reboot. I was getting a black screen and then the DVR guide would show now recording in the news folder but it has 9 items.

Software bugs. fun fun!

Maybe the third time is a charm!

Well the replacement 922 also seems to have hard drive issues. Most programs start out okay and either jump to live without the ability to rewind, end prematurly or have minutes or an hour or so of a gap missing in the middle. Pausing live TV works, but you can't rewind and when I hit play, it jumps to live. Some scheduled recordings are broken up into two or three program segments with minutes missing inbetween, which means that the receiver rebooted once or twice during the recording. Here's hoping that number three, which get delivered tomorrow, works like a charm!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)