DISH Local Channel Listings for OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RadioDaniel

Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
I currently am on 61.5, 110, and 119. I only get my locals for Peoria, IL in SD from 110 since I don't have line of sight to 129 to get them in HD (tree problem).

I currently have an OTA antenna hooked up to my 722k which I get my locals in HD from.

If I swap to the EA setup (1000.4) will I still be able to have the listings for my OTA signal show up? Not just a blank generic listing on my grid?

OK thanks.

The thing is I will not get my locals in SD or HD if I switch to EA. I just was wondering if I'll still have my OTA listings.

Chicago

"Move" to Chicago and sub to LIL their. You should be able to pick up OTA and then the Chi town locals. Pretty sure the guide should still give you listening (for both). I know someone that gets his locals OTA & "lives" elsewhere and has listings for both. I could tell you who but the mirror can be revealing. :D

Looks like you need to have the tech keep one wing dish at 110 when they come out. make sure they know that's where you get your locals!

Last time they came out and wouldn't do that. BUT... It was back a couple months ago and he knew NOTHING about the new HD channels not being on my 61.5/110/119 setup. I had to show him a Satellite Guys pdf file direct from Dish to explain my dilemma.

"Move" to Chicago and sub to LIL their. You should be able to pick up OTA and then the Chi town locals. Pretty sure the guide should still give you listening (for both). I know someone that gets his locals OTA & "lives" elsewhere and has listings for both. I could tell you who but the mirror can be revealing. :D

I have thought about "moving" but am nervous about that. I did some looking here on the Satellite Guys site and didn't really see how to do it.

I just contacted them on their Twitter account and they said they won't take my locals away. They said:

"per our business rules we can't do anything that would prevent you from getting locals through us"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)