942 2.87 Software

Anyone now noticing that their caller-id function isn't working? Mine worked before the update and now since the update it doesn't work at all. This seems to be my only problem...so far.

scott78945 said:
Anyone now noticing that their caller-id function isn't working? Mine worked before the update and now since the update it doesn't work at all. This seems to be my only problem...so far.

Mine works right after the first ring. Before this update it was at least three rings.

cclement said:
Seriously!?! Have you tested and done it? What did you use? How did you do it? Details my man, we need details!!

I haven't tested it, I just made a assumption looking at the thread on dbstalk. I guess they were talking about the pocketdish. Sorry to get everyone excited.

StevenD said:
This update sucks! We now have the 1-second lag of audio after a pause like on the older DIsh boxes. Also, my EPG says "No Info" and two reboots havent corrected it.

I liked the previous setup. The audio gap sucks. L286 was a better setup after a pause. I think it went back a second and started. Hopefully they roll back the playback routine in the next release.

I tested out the external hard drive. It recognizes it, then when you try to "Manage the Device" it says this feature is unsupported.

And finally...my guide info populated. They need to fizx the pause audio problem quickly!

StevenD said:
I tested out the external hard drive. It recognizes it, then when you try to "Manage the Device" it says this feature is unsupported.

And finally...my guide info populated. They need to fizx the pause audio problem quickly!

So It does or Doesn't work?

Will I be able to use this to transfer my recordings to a 622 when I decide to upgrade???

Just wondering,
Cegarrett

Cegarrett said:

Will I be able to use this to transfer my recordings to a 622 when I decide to upgrade???

Just wondering,
Cegarrett

Thats highly doubtful. Even if they do get it to work on anything, supposedly whatever device you use, the recordings will be tied to the receiver that you are using it with and will only be able to play back on that same receiver. You wouldnt even even be able to transfer to another 942, let along a 622.

RobertsD said:
Pretty nice update if I do say so myself :)....

I would have to agree. :D The 942 has become quite a nice box over the past year.

Its a real shame that it can't pickup the newer channels. I find it hard to give it up for a buggy 622 (even if the "free" offer came my way) even though I'd like to have the new HD channels coming out soon. :(

DWS44 said:
Its a real shame that it can't pickup the newer channels. I find it hard to give it up for a buggy 622 (even if the "free" offer came my way) even though I'd like to have the new HD channels coming out soon. :(

Same here, I really like my 942 and I'm not ready to give it up to a buggy 622 yet. Maybe in the fall, but not now.

cclement said:
Same here, I really like my 942 and I'm not ready to give it up to a buggy 622 yet. Maybe in the fall, but not now.

I just got "the call" last night. I emailed the CEO after the call for the deal I wanted (upgrade my 510 to a 622 for $199 w/o rebate as well as trading my 942 for free), but they declined. Too bad. I'd also have too many leased tuners when you add my 508.

The 942 good enough for me. The only feature missing is the TV2 IR and the botched pause restart. Everything else is great!

Cegarrett said:

Just wondering,
Cegarrett
Again...it recognizes the drive, but when you try to use it, the 942 reports back with "This feature is unsupported".

Or in a more simple term..."NO".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts