942 Acting Up

SouthRider

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Covington, La
My 942 in dual mode will not show locals on both TV1 & TV2 simultaneously MOST of the time.

Sometimes it works just fine, and other times if you are watching locals on either 1 or 2 & try to turn on the other it knocks out the one you were watching 1st.

Also - last night we were out & came home to watch Survivior which was set to record - it didn't record. According to Earl came on, and I noticed it wasn't recording either, so I tried a manual record - it accepted all the commands - but didn't start recording.

I re-booted and when it came up it immediately started recording Earl.

I'm hesitant to call customer service because they will have me re-boot & things will work while I am on the phone with them. this thing has been acting up for weeks now & it's making me crazy.

Any suggestions? :confused:

Last edited:
OK - I finally had time to stay home & call customer service.

I have now learned that the DPP44 is a POWERED switch, and requires an adapter inserted into the coax with a transformer plugged in.

I was not furnished one of these, and there is none in my home. My install took 5 tries by these geniuses, and not one time was this mentioned.

My question to one of you who really knows - does this sound like the possible cause of my symptoms?

This thing has been working intermittently since the install was completed a couple months ago (but mostly working fine).

The check switch test always comes out fine.

Of course they want me to sit at home for 4 hours for a 6th time to get this right, and I'm getting tired of it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)